Tesco Staff- lack of face masks

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Tesco Staff- lack of face masks

• Author

Matt
    Participant

Chill, I’m sure IMHO is quaking in their boots.

hard

Instead of bossing around other people and ordering them to stay at home because you don’t like them on discriminatory grounds, why don’t you do everyone a favour and stay at home yourself? Before you do yourself or anyone else a mischief.

TimRegency
    Participant

It’s almost like Chillddoubt doesn’t understand that not all ill and/or disabled people can just organise grocery deliveries. Some will find a way, no doubt, but the ‘ill’ and ‘dis’ parts can make it difficult or impossible. They still need to eat.

Even if grocery deliveries are arranged for all vulnerable people, vigilantism will create more problems than it solves, as Matt has pointed out.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Telling someone to remain at least 2 metres away from me is being a vigilante? LOL, what a pair of snowflakes!

Given where I work, it is in EVERYONES interests to stay the correct distance away from me as it is me from them.
    Or do you want to see the current trend at the Maelor continue ad infinitum?
    I don’t have the luxury of staying at home, I HAVE to go to work but when I see the public putting me and everyone around them in danger, I’ll take them to task over it.
    Ignorance and complacency have fuelled the current crisis, let’s not see it continue as a result of pure idiocy.

Matt
    Participant

Oh right, so you think that just because of your job it’s given you some kind of Messianic complex that allows you the right to behave in a certain obnoxious way that throws away the rules of basic decency and manners?

I’ll be sure to alert the town elders and let them know that they need to give you round the clock protection and ensure nobody dare encroaches your 2 metre VIP perimeter lest they face your wrath.

If your job is that important that you should be limiting your exposure to ‘irresponsible’ members of the public, then again perhaps it would be in your best common sense interest to not shop in the supermarket and get your deliveries at home.

P.s. I strongly suggest you check this definition of snowflake Your Royal Whiteness:

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Difficult to arrange deliveries when you’re working 12 hour shifts on an ITU/CCU unit, often working overtime at very short notice because colleagues are succumbing to the effects of the virus and all that entails.
    Maybe you’ll come and volunteer to cover me for an hour as I dash home to welcome the delivery driver?
    Nothing Messianic about my actions, it’s just that whether you like it or not I and my NHS colleagues are continually perplexed and aghast at the actions and behaviour of a small section of the public who are lengthening the duration of this pandemic through their selfish actions and attitudes.
    As for the snowflake explanation, thank you but I didn’t need your mindset and demeanour pointing out to me, it’s patently obvious from your constant posts that whinge about anything and everything whilst never putting ideas or solutions forward.

Keep up the great work, Champ!

BenjaminM
    Participant

The use of the term ‘snowflake’ in your post Matt, is a wonderful self appraisal. I don’t know whether you consider yourself to be a modern day Aristotle blessed with unique thought, but you certainly do not like opinions contrary to your own.

There is a lot of merit in ChillDoubt’s post if only you took the time to consider it before attempting to denigrate his/her valid points.

When considering the nature of Chilli’s profession, I think it is incumbent on you to treat the opinion with respect rather than going off on one all too frequent ill thought out rants.

Meanwhile, haven’t you got a jigsaw to do?

Matt
    Participant

The fact that this thread has descended into a petty squabble and who can get in the best personal insults over difference in opinion just goes to prove why in these stressful times in public situations it’s far better to keep your head down and focus on what you are doing rather than stick your neb into other people’s business.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh Benjamin, Aristotle and jigsaws – you’re not all bad.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

….as for the basic manners and decency quip, if you and your ilk could adhere to that and actually follow the rules/guidance and stay 2 metres apart and socially distance from me and others in the correct manner, this nightmare will come to a conclusion far more speedily.

TimRegency
    Participant

“Telling someone to remain at least 2 metres away from me is being a vigilante? LOL, what a pair of snowflakes!“

No, here’s the actual statement referred to:

“It is EVERYONES responsibility to point out those who are infringing and ignoring the rules.”

The first quote describes a situation that affects you, the second creates a general responsibility on the public to police others. The two are different.

Zinger is right that it’s not fair to expect shop workers to police this and suggested the military could do it. With a bit of training, that might just work better than getting the public to do it, as vigilantism is loaded with risk.

This is a stressful time for everybody, but especially for those who work in hospital. I can understand why health workers are anxious that people obey the rules, but being overzealous, however understandable it might be, can cause vulnerable people to get trampled on and may increase rather than inhibit the virus spread.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

LOL at Benjamin and thank you for the sentiments.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News