Tesco Staff- lack of face masks

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Tesco Staff- lack of face masks

• Author

IMHO
    Participant

ChillDoubt wrote;
    “People aren’t doing it for themselves, hence they have to be taken to task and shamed into following protocols, for everyone’s safety.”

You have read George Orwell’s book 1984 haven’t you? The two minutes of hate. You would do well in room 101.
    Come remonstrating with me for not doing as you think i should and it would not go well.

TimRegency
    Participant

It is EVERYONES responsibility to point out those who are infringing and ignoring the rules, that’s why we’ve ended up in the current crisis.

I thought it was because ‘Britain’s Trump’ ignored WHO advice and instead got Serco to bungle ‘test, trace and isolate.’

We could have done something similar to countries like Vietnam or New Zealand, but no, the Eton educated marvels at Downing Street knew better.

TimRegency
    Participant

Btw, how are public vigilantes going to differentiate between those breaking the rules and those with disability and/medical exemptions?

WreX-iT
    Participant

Tim, i think we need to put past mistakes and blame to one side and concentrate on the here and now. We all know that ‘Britain’s Trump’ is a massive cock but everyone needs to pull together and play their part until this is over (one day soon i hope) BTW i don’t think he got Serco to bungle ‘test, trace and isolate’ and it wasn’t a condition of the contract.

I would put the army on the doors of every big supermarket to challenge people without masks because its not fair to make shop workers so it. I don’t want them to shoot people just not let them in. Those of us who cannot work from home take precautions every day and i don’t need extra risks when out for an essential shop.

zinger
    Participant

Something to do with population density probably. UK ranks 51 in the world with a population of 67,886,011 in 280.6 sq. miles against New Zealand ranking 202 with a population of 4,822,233 in 18.31 sq. miles. Not much comparison really.

I have seen people wearing a lanyard with a card saying that they are exempt. Not necessarily from their GP because I have heard that they can be downloaded on the internet.

If I were a taxi or bus driver, I personally would refuse to let them in my vehicle unless they had proof from their surgery. I wonder if this is how all those Arriva drivers caught the virus.

DavidB
    Participant

Just for clarity about population density the uk has 280.6 people PER sq. mile and NZ has 18 PER sq. mile.

TimRegency
    Participant

And Vietnam?

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Come remonstrating with me for not doing as you think i should and it would not go well. IMHO

LOL, another keyboard warrior!
    Happy to meet you in a car park of your choice, or behind the bike sheds at hometime, bring your mates…..FFS!

If you get within 2 metres of me at the checkout, I’ll tell you, have no fear. Not really my fault if you can’t follow basic, simple instructions.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Btw, how are public vigilantes going to differentiate between those breaking the rules and those with disability and/medical exemptions?
    TimRegency

Given that supermarkets are now tackling the issue of those not wearing masks, again, for the hard of understanding:
    If you’ve got a medical exemption, DO NOT put yourself and others at risk by going into said supermarkets, get your groceries delivered.
    If you’re exempt, why put yourself at risk of further harm by going out in public in the current crisis?

Matt
    Participant

ChillDoubt, ironically your style of vigilante policing the pandemic, if everyone did it would increase the spread and disruption than everyone keeping themselves to themselves.

You can just imagine supermarket staff and security already having to deal with difficult public abuse as it is without having to break up shouting matches and potential fights, throwing all other social distancing and not congregating for a chat rules out of the window and putting other surrounding shoppers health at risk as well.

Not to mention the increased pressure on policing where they’d have to continuously be called to conflicts happening in supermarkets if everyone suddenly developed your attitude.

It would end up akin to a boozed up Saturday night in Wrexham town centre and there’s a good reason why night clubs have been closed since March.

Of course as it’s been pointed out it’s not always clear who has legitimate exemptions at first glance and Average Joe Public certainly doesn’t possess the required mental capacity or skills of etiquette to sensitively find out who falls into this category and who does not.

Also, kids under a certain age are exempt from wearing masks whilst others over a certain age aren’t. What are you going to do in that situation? Start challenging and chatting to all our kids who you think look a bit legal for a mask like a nonce not allowed within 200m of a playground? Stranger Danger.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News