Tesco Staff- lack of face masks

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Tesco Staff- lack of face masks

• Author

DavidB
    Participant

I was shopping early in Tesco this morning to try to miss busy periods, I was surprised to see that many of the staff (mainly filling order trolleys) were NOT wearing face masks. Unless there is some individual medical reason that makes them exempt I strongly suggest that they be required to do so. All the customers are expected to comply.

Matt
    Participant

Did you actually make a complaint to Tesco directly? Your strong suggestions will do nothing here as we have no sway over that company.

Also, if you want to avoid busy periods when going shopping, just avoid big Tesco full stop. Always seems to be the one that people go to by default. I’ve noticed Asda tends to be a bit quieter these days and so does Morrisons if you go at the right times.

Also seems to be a ridiculous trend at the moment where people go out of their way just to get offended by analysing everyone who is non-compliant, either not wearing a mask, not wearing a mask properly or going within 2m of everyone else. The safest thing to do is obey the rules yourself, get in, get out and mind your own business. That’s what I do and I find it a lot less stressful.

DavidB
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Matt. I went to Tesco at 7 AM to get out of a crowded time. The shop had very few customers at that time, mainly staff filling delivery trolleys. I did not dwell in store any longer than required and could not complain immediately as the service desk does not open until 8AM. I have contacted them by email and am waiting for a reply as to there policy on mask wearing. I will update on any useful information.

Matt
    Participant

It is good to know that there are some quiet periods even at big Tesco. It does seem strange that their staff were not masked up because they do mask up religiously at Tesco Cefn and have done so ever since we were asked to in Autumn last year.

pete
    Participant

Most of the staff at Tesco Cefn wear masks. There seem to be a hardcore few who have masks but choose to wear them round their chin or only put them on when they see customers coming (I have mentioned it to them but nothing has changed).

Is it compulsory though for shop staff to wear masks? Initially it wasn’t, and I assumed the big shops were asking staff to wear masks to encourage shoppers to do the same (setting a good example) and to make the customers happier.

IMHO
    Participant

Matt wrote;
    Also seems to be a ridiculous trend at the moment where people go out of their way just to get offended by analysing everyone who is non-compliant, either not wearing a mask, not wearing a mask properly or going within 2m of everyone else. The safest thing to do is obey the rules yourself, get in, get out and mind your own business. That’s what I do and I find it a lot less stressful.

Exactly. In plain speaking, stop bitching about other people, you don’t know their situation.
    Times are testing enough without people looking to cause trouble for others.

parkingmad
    Participant

Tesco’s and other supermarkets are asking all their customers to wear mask’s when it the stores unless they can prove they cannot wear a mask for medical reasons.

DavidB
    Participant

For general information for all, I have received a reply from Tesco Customer Services that states that it is mandatory for staff in customer facing roles to wear face masks, unless exempt for designated medical reasons. Let’s all be careful out there and try to cut down the spread of this new Covid variant.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Wrong! Have you been watching the local news and taken on board the current crisis at the Maelor?

It is EVERYONES responsibility to point out those who are infringing and ignoring the rules, that’s why we’ve ended up in the current crisis.
    I have no qualms about reminding folk that’s it’s 2 metres for a reason as they’re trying to load their shopping onto the checkout whilst 3 feet away from me.

People aren’t doing it for themselves, hence they have to be taken to task and shamed into following protocols, for everyone’s safety.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

…..that was in response to the last paragraph of Matt’s first post.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News

Nationwide ban on wet wipes containing plastic set to be introduced

News