Tesco Roundabout Becomes Dragon Roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Tesco Roundabout Becomes Dragon Roundabout

• Author

DIEARD
    Participant

Wow looks really good!!

I feel I’m being a little negative here …how long will it last before it gets vandalised ?
    Bookies odds? I give it 2 weeks.

DIEARD
    Participant

@Darlofan 2251 wrote:

Have to agree with angry shopper- we’ve lived here 6 years now and have been into town in the evening once. Wouldn’t do it again with my wife after feeling intimidated by all the drunks etc around. There are lots of nice places we visit during the day in town for something to eat but on a night one of us drives and we go further a field to feel safer.

Agreed, I’m In walking distance of town but one of us always drives and pays parking in eagles meadow.
    Look at that couple who got jumped on the way home from the cinema last week..

When I go to town drinking with friends I also get a taxi home. Even though I could walk home in 15 min.

wrexview
    Participant

A beautiful piece of craftsmanship which enhances our environment.

angryShopper
    Participant

it’s so nice, it’s just a shame it’s not a little bit bigger, could have been something to really get people talking / drag them into town. but i believe chirk is getting a large dragon?

wrexview
    Participant

Wasn’t the one in Chirk was supposed to up and open for the Olympics !!

Y Ffin
    Participant

Nice bit of public art. Let’s hope no d*ckhead tries to damage it. More please as the town is looking far too drab these days: Queen’s Square, the B&Q roundabout, Eagles Meadow and the various entrances to the town could all do with brightening up a bit .

zinger
    Participant

What about road traffic islands that said something about our town. The dragon has made a start by saying that Wrexham is a Welsh town. Perhaps we could have something that has made our town evolve. Market, Coal, Steel, Iron, Bricks, Football, Parish Church, RWF to name a few. Nothing too modern
    that only makes sense to the artist though. The roundabouts in Telford are great for giving directions by.

NJones
    Participant

Great idea but who’s going to fund it? I can’t see the council agreeing to do much more with their spending cuts. If some companies sponsored the roundabouts then it may be an idea but in the current climate this is unlikely unless it really benefits them.

Some of our local artists or art students may benefit from using such space to show off their work?

Taffy
    Participant

I would like to see the miner and steel worker from outside the RBS moved onto the main roundabout by B&Q!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News