Tesco Roundabout Becomes Dragon Roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Tesco Roundabout Becomes Dragon Roundabout

• Author

Rob
    Participant

From Tesco Roundabout Rebranded As Dragon Roundabout | Wrexham.com

Its likely something like this will adorn the roundabout shortly:

trio-of-dragons.jpg

What other beasts do you want to see on roundabouts around town? :D

angryShopper
    Participant

I think tesco roundabout should have really been “drunk bum” roundabout, as if you walk to tesco from town, inorder to get to that roundabout you will be accossed by any number of drunk bum.

Maybe a statue of a young mother with a pram, it’s wheels stuck out into the road, the child a magical device to stop traffic ? I mean a dragon really? who is funding this madness the tax payer?

Rob
    Participant

@angryShopper 2113 wrote:

who is funding this madness the tax payer?

As per the article, that was literally the first question we asked :) Its been donated apparently.

Also , we have learnt that the dragon is er, male so its he! :D

Simon
    Participant

I give it a couple of weeks before the dragon disappears…

SCRAP METAL!

angryShopper
    Participant

@Simon 2116 wrote:

I give it a couple of weeks before the dragon disappears…

SCRAP METAL!

No it’ll be drunks being run over trying to get a picture with the dragon while heading to tesco, because as well all know on a weekend if you book your cab from tesco it takes 10 mins, if you book in town it’s an hour wait!

justjojo2011
    Participant

Wow you really are an angry shopper arent you

@angryShopper 2119 wrote:

No it’ll be drunks being run over trying to get a picture with the dragon while heading to tesco, because as well all know on a weekend if you book your cab from tesco it takes 10 mins, if you book in town it’s an hour wait!

angryShopper
    Participant

Well lets be honest about it, getting a taxi home from town is a nightmare, navigating the streets of town between Thursday and Monday after dark involves drunk chav Slalom.

Wrexham wants to be a city, ok get a bus service that works and add more pedestrian zones, get a park and ride, make it so you can go out at night and get home safe, without an hour wait on a cab, or a dangerous walk, this place is a disgrace, and yet we’ve got cash for dragon statues.

I’d rather drive the 30min to cheshire oaks, part for free and not encounter gangs of polish people, and lower class hoodlems, than sit for 15-20 mins, trying to get INTO town to actually park in the terrible car parks, and walk the gaunglet of £ shops trying to actually get the half a mile between the 2 sets of shops.in the “centre”

Darlofan
    Participant

Have to agree with angry shopper- we’ve lived here 6 years now and have been into town in the evening once. Wouldn’t do it again with my wife after feeling intimidated by all the drunks etc around. There are lots of nice places we visit during the day in town for something to eat but on a night one of us drives and we go further a field to feel safer.

Andy
    Participant

An hour wait for a taxi home???? When?

There’s more taxis than customers in Wrexham now.

Rob
    Participant
Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News