TEN Questions for starters for the Leader of Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum TEN Questions for starters for the Leader of Wrexham

• Author

wxm
    Participant

It has been very sad to see the decline of many aspects of Wrexham, and so telling for the elected Leader to admit to the need for a vast improvement in Wrexham when the current Council members took office.

The single biggest threat to Wrexham is the loss of business and money out of the economy, especially the town centre, and industrial estates, which from the reduction in business rates receipts, show a sharp drop in revenue.

It is horrifying to hear that a lady with a broken shoulder has to sit outside A&E in an Ambulance at the Maelor for 3 hours, before she can be taken inside. My family had a similar waiting experience with a post operative reaction, and a few days after an operation, had to lie on a trolley in A&E that was totally unsuitable and contrary to the advice of the Consultant. The Maelor has given great service in the past, but something is wrong?

Clwyedog School is now renownd by so many parents for under performing, and its history with special measures is a bad place to be.

While the economy and jobs is critical, it takes a long time for health systems and schools to crack at the seams … and Wrexham clearly has some major failings on the horizon. If we want Wrexham to be a place for the future, we will need to make changes to the way we operate now. It would also be crucial to know how Wrexham has taken the Assembly to task over health.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

wxm,

what are you going to do about it?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I may have asked the question before but what can one person do? Ask questions of the authorities and then what? Apart from voting what other form of action do individuals have.

Rondetto
    Participant

It’s sad that big stores such as the TJ Hughes is still empty. Surely M&S would have been better sited there. Many elderly people who used the old store in town cant walk down there. I’ve spoken to a few in M&S who say they wont be shopping there again after paying £2 to park for just about 20 minutes shopping.
    At least in Mold you can park for 3 hours for 20p.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

When I have to park in Eagles Meadow car park I make sure I use all the time I have paid for. I have been known to walk around twice to make sure I have my monies worth!

Alunh
    Participant

@Rondetto 5224 wrote:

It’s sad that big stores such as the TJ Hughes is still empty. Surely M&S would have been better sited there. Many elderly people who used the old store in town cant walk down there. I’ve spoken to a few in M&S who say they wont be shopping there again after paying £2 to park for just about 20 minutes shopping.
    At least in Mold you can park for 3 hours for 20p.

From what I can gather, M & S now regard Town ‘Centre’ premises without car parks as disadvantageous to their business. It seems that the ‘threat’ was made to exit the town unless they had a relocation that gave them the ability to access car parking. Their food is Wrexham is, apparently, a success. In Rhyl, they pulled out altogether and opened up in Prestatyn, in a plot with Tesco and with a car park

Rondetto
    Participant

Shame, they’ve lost a lot of custom, many morning when me and my wife shop there, we’ve been the only ones in there.

wxm
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 5221 wrote:

wxm,

what are you going to do about it?

If we were in Africa, or many other countries, we would not have a voice. As was noted on this site, we only have one vote. A view if validated and supported by others will become an intelligent and real reason for change.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    wxm;5228 wrote:
    If we were in Africa, or many other countries, we would not have a voice. As was noted on this site, we only have one vote. A view if validated and supported by others will become an intelligent and real reason for change.

We don’t have a voice, if we only vote. Nothing will change, if we just vote. All parties are practically the same.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 5235 wrote:

We don’t have a voice, if we only vote. Nothing will change, if we just vote. All parties are practically the same.

What is the alternative if voting alone is not enough?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News