temporary 50 mph speed on A483 – Serious question?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum temporary 50 mph speed on A483 – Serious question?

• Author

tanyddraig
    Participant

Sadly I doubt it. I also doubt it will be temporary too. Speed limits rarely go up. I have a feeling we will be told that “The reduction in nitrogen dioxide was such a Great Success that we have decided to make the reduction permanent”

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=150985]I assume that this limit will be advisory?[/quote]

Of course it won’t. It’ll be another compulsory limit and tax-collecting ruse.

Huw
    Participant

[quote quote=150987]Sadly I doubt it. I also doubt it will be temporary too. Speed limits rarely go up. I have a feeling we will be told that “The reduction in nitrogen dioxide was such a Great Success that we have decided to make the reduction permanent”[/quote]

Hopefully it will be made permanent and they’ll look at reducing the limits on other roads too, like the Llanypwll Link road for instance.

jimbow
    Participant

This stretch of road runs alongside green fields that could be used for building houses on in the LDP. Imagine planning turning it down for housing on the grounds of, high nitrogen dioxide levels. Using this reasoning the speed restriction could become permanent. Who knows?

tanyddraig
    Participant

[quote quote=150992]

Sadly I doubt it. I also doubt it will be temporary too. Speed limits rarely go up. I have a feeling we will be told that “The reduction in nitrogen dioxide was such a Great Success that we have decided to make the reduction permanent”

Hopefully it will be made permanent and they’ll look at reducing the limits on other roads too, like the Llanypwll Link road for instance.[/quote]

Ohhh no thank you. An enforced minimum speed would be good, to stop people who consistently drive 20mph under the speed limit thinking they are heroes, when in reality these zombie drivers would fail a driving test for doing so. I remember my driving instructor teaching me that driving too slowly is dangerous as you cause other road users to become frustrated which, as per human nature, can cause them to make rash decisions.

Either way, people have varying ideas and neither will convince the other they are wrong. People should drive to the conditions of the road they are on. Yes sometimes this means slower, but only if the situation warrants it, not just holding up traffic because they think they know better.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=151002]

Hopefully it will be made permanent and they’ll look at reducing the limits on other roads too, like the Llanypwll Link road for instance.

Ohhh no thank you. An enforced minimum speed would be good, to stop people who consistently drive 20mph under the speed limit thinking they are heroes, when in reality these zombie drivers would fail a driving test for doing so. I remember my driving instructor teaching me that driving too slowly is dangerous as you cause other road users to become frustrated which, as per human nature, can cause them to make rash decisions.

Either way, people have varying ideas and neither will convince the other they are wrong. People should drive to the conditions of the road they are on. Yes sometimes this means slower, but only if the situation warrants it, not just holding up traffic because they think they know better.[/quote]

Agreed, all the Mr McGoo types who join the A483 at 40mph and wait for the very end of the slip road to Force merge – as in they are coming into that lane even if a lorry is tearing it at them – forcing both people in the adjoining lane and the people joining behind them at the usual merge speed all having to take evasive action by braking sharply or moving over and causing the fast lane to break sharply as well. Then they will crawl down the 483 at 45mph and exit at the next junction which means they could have just stayed on the normal town roads and done everyone a favour.

Fugazi3973
    Participant

You’d be assuming incorrectly. They will be enforceable.

Sheefag
    Participant

Speed limits are for wimps.
    All of my vehicles are registered in Bulgaria and Romania.
    You know it makes sense.

Keep ’em peeled.

Andy
    Participant

Everyone should drive at 50 mph in third gear along there and the air quality will worsen. Then the limit will be removed.

Matt
    Participant

Speed limit in place for 18 months.

*slow clap for the Welsh Government*

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News