Sun cream appeal for Wrexham’s homeless

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Sun cream appeal for Wrexham’s homeless

• Author

Maureen Gray
    Participant

As always, I was gonna come up with some witty or sarcastic remark about a serious subject, but FFS, this story cannot be topped for hilarity. Some one tell me its a joke please!

janeywxm
    Participant

It’s laughable isn’t it? Saw one guy outside Sainsbury’s today ( where he always sits)dressed in layers of clothing With sleeping bag wrapped around him. No way was he cold – I guessed he would not have got sympathy vote minus his down and out look!!!! Apparently he throws most of the food donated by customers ( he had suitcase to collect it in) but uses the money collected for drugs and alcohol.

Janet

Matt
    Participant

You could argue that perhaps they could sit in the shade.

You have to take certain sensibilities no matter who you are. I wouldn’t be averse to cold drinking water being distributed in the town centre but not just to the homeless, but anyone who wanted it. Pretty easy to overheat or get dehydrated.

At the end of the day though, it’s another one of those where slightly above average weather differences completely knock everyone into silly mode in this country.

We couldn’t cope with the snow a few months back and now what the Spanish and Portuguese take for granted for several months in the Summer – the British can’t cope with.

Nen
    Participant

I don’t understand why people want to give them free sun cream (or water for that matter). Homeless people are entitled to benefits and, together with the money that they collect from begging (which I doubt they declare) and the fact that they have no rent or other bills, they must have a bigger disposable income than many people with houses. If they really want sun cream I’m sure they can afford to buy their own – it’s a matter of prioritising their spending.

Hugh Bet
    Participant

What a mean bunch you all are!

I am trying to arrange sun loungers and an ice cream van to come around twice a day (3 times on a Saturday)

Five o’ clock it will be cocktails and maybe some entertainment.

Hugh Bet
    Participant

Did i mention the swimming pool and mineral water?

Wxmbda777
    Participant

What do they need people to donate sun cream for, if they needed it they would just help them selves in the shops, as they always do, and then sell it for drink or drugs, some people have the weirdest ideas lol hahaha

Matt
    Participant

I have to praise this forum, for the very least fact that on Facebook – this same conversation has taken a dark turn where there is now suggestion that the “homeless, druggy, scum are now plotting their next moves which is to commit murder and child molestation on the populous AND they must be removed from the town immediately”.

There’s commenting and disapproving of an idea then there’s the downright baring of vitriolic nastiness for the whole world to see.

Alunh
    Participant

Quite interesting the Facebook comments given that people can actually see who’s posting what. Clear sign that there is a bit of a sea-change going on. Different on here because most people choose to be anonymous.

It would appear that two things seem to be now occurring. Firstly, most people, including the caring, are sick of an approach that deals with the target group like “children”, totally helpless and incapable of any self-help whatsoever. That can’t be good nor sensible. Secondly, many people are fed up of being bracketed as cruel or heartless for even suggesting adopting a different line. This also can’t be good. Personally, I find this issue like squeezing jelly. If you make a general observation, someone will raise the example of a specific exception, usually someone who is a Vet sleeping rough and if you make a specific reference they will reverse the logic.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

What the hell are you on about Alunh?? Are you drinking the sun tan lotion or what??

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News