Submit your questions – what do you want us to ask the local police inspectors?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Submit your questions – what do you want us to ask the local police inspectors?

• Author

D R
    Keymaster

This was tweeted to us by councillor Terry Evans earlier this week – Why do we not see police on the beat in Wrexham town centre,We welcome more visibility in town,Like the new trial in Cardiff on drinks/drugs

R T
    Keymaster

Update from ‘a Senior Officer’ live into Inspector Wycherley’s mobile on the Go Safe in a bus stop query….

“Arrive Alive vans should not be parked in a marked bay if that happens it should be reported to us.”

It sounds like a look is needed at the bus stop as it depends where the markings are, and various technical bits.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=140234]

1) Is it not insensitive for a Police Office/ PCSO to visit the home of someone reporting anti social behaviour on their doorstep in full view of the perpetrators?

2) What reasoning is behind moving the Police Station to Llay when the prison is on the Industrial Estate?

SO: Depending on the context of the situation, I would need the fine detail of that job as it may well be. If you want to speak to me or Paul we can respond in more detail.

SO: There is no connection between the prison and the police station, they are separate entities.[/quote]

On 1), this is not an isolated incident. It has happened to me at least twice. As a result, next time I hear my neighbour being beaten up by her partner I won’t be reporting it to the police because the tactlessness of the police responding puts me in danger. And there is at least one other person on this forum who has suffered retaliation due to police mishandling calls about anti-social behaviour.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140230]Another question for Inspector Owens – I live in Froncysyllte and the speed vehicles come into the village from Llangollen is high, the other direction from Chirk is better as there are countdown 300m, 200m and 100m signs which I feel help slow traffic. From Llangollen there aren’t any countdown signs, just a 30 sign and a light up one shortly after. It is at the end of a long straight so vehicles are moving fast.

I wait at the bus stop early in the morning and it is usually the heavily loaded timber trucks believe it or not that are travelling fastest, the very things with no braking distance!

At 3.40 the school bus from Ysgol Dinas Bran stops in the bus stop just after the Aqueduct Inn to drop the children off and the majority have to cross the main road.

Please could we consider a speed trap with Go Safe occasionally or a countdown set of signs?[/quote]

SO: Yes, good points and will raise that with Go Safe.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140235]This was tweeted to us by councillor Terry Evans earlier this week – Why do we not see police on the beat in Wrexham town centre,We welcome more visibility in town,Like the new trial in Cardiff on drinks/drugs[/quote]

PW: We have two dedicated foot patrol officers, five PCSOs. They are highly visible in the town centre and on social media. Resources are finite at the end of the day, but that is a protected resource at the town centre.
    If you would like to go on foot with one of them then let me know.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140237]

1) Is it not insensitive for a Police Office/ PCSO to visit the home of someone reporting anti social behaviour on their doorstep in full view of the perpetrators?

2) What reasoning is behind moving the Police Station to Llay when the prison is on the Industrial Estate?

SO: Depending on the context of the situation, I would need the fine detail of that job as it may well be. If you want to speak to me or Paul we can respond in more detail.

SO: There is no connection between the prison and the police station, they are separate entities.

On 1), this is not an isolated incident. It has happened to me at least twice. As a result, next time I hear my neighbour being beaten up by her partner I won’t be reporting it to the police because the tactlessness of the police responding puts me in danger. And there is at least one other person on this forum who has suffered retaliation due to police mishandling calls about anti-social behaviour.[/quote]

SO: Depending where this has occurred call me or Paul directly to discuss this.
    What we dont want to do is to expose witnesses and people who are assisting the police to any unintended consequences.

D R
    Keymaster

“The public need to stop wasting police time. The other evening whilst letting of fireworks responsible on a bit of grass in an open area some bored trouble making resident close by made an allegation something hit the window? The natural assumption was that it came from fireworks we where letting off safely and responsibly when in fact if any alleged firework did hit the window it was more likely to have been the remains of a rocket fired from another garden or even North korea. The police officer was very understanding and allowed us to carry on . What a waste of valuable time and resources. Some people really need to get a life or even better a job.”

D R
    Keymaster

Another question / comments just in about the rural ward –

As a retired police officer living in Coedpoeth, I cannot recall the last time I saw a police officer patrolling on foot here, the PCSO drive around in police cars in twos, I have not seen one patrolling on foot for many a month. As someone said to me, come to Coedpoeth, you can do what you want.

Come on lets have less of this bull, let’s see police officers back on our streets once more, I have not seen one in Wrexham for months come to think of it .

I retired after 31 years service,all operational, commended on several occasions, I was a sergeant (420) and we had a police officer on foot 24 hours on the town centre. Yesterday I saw 6 homeless persons drinking alcohol on the junction of high street and Yorke Street, discarding their cans on the floor.

D R
    Keymaster

Different type of question now about social media – How much time do you waste responding to civil matters after rows on Facebook? why not tell them no

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140241]“The public need to stop wasting police time. The other evening whilst letting of fireworks responsible on a bit of grass in an open area some bored trouble making resident close by made an allegation something hit the window? The natural assumption was that it came from fireworks we where letting off safely and responsibly when in fact if any alleged firework did hit the window it was more likely to have been the remains of a rocket fired from another garden or even North korea. The police officer was very understanding and allowed us to carry on . What a waste of valuable time and resources. Some people really need to get a life or even better a job.”[/quote]

No real question submitted there but thought would invite comment… !

PW: On occasion we get ridiculous calls on 999. What time is it going to start raining? Is Sky TV working in Holywell? It opens an interesting debate.
    We have infinite resources to respond to increasingly demand. Demand is significantly higher this year. In terms of demand for our attendance it is up in excess of 20% this year. It is a challenge to manage incoming demand.
    Unnecessary calls do at times clog us up.
    We are public servants, so when people ring in, calls are assessed.

SO: There are many many unneccacry calls made. We have to go through motions to decide if to respond. That takes up time the control room, and with patrol staff and supervisors. It is all too easy in the modern age to contact the police or via the website, the ease of communication has increased demand at the frontend.
    People will exaggerate facts at the outset to generate response, and when officers attend it is nothing like what was reported

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News

Video: Wrexham market’s historic secrets are being uncovered amid refurb

News

Competition watchdog launches investigation into £2.5 billion merger between Flintshire based Redrow and Barratt

News