Submit your questions – what do you want us to ask the local police inspectors?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Submit your questions – what do you want us to ask the local police inspectors?

• Author

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140219]Wouldn’t be a webchat without a question about the speed cameras. So here’s two..!

Could you please ask Inspector Paul Wycherley if they intend on setting up any speed enforcement on the A5156 Llan y Pwll Link Road in Wrexham?

If the answer is no then why not? There is speed enforcement on the A483 almost daily but on the A5156 Llan y Pwll, that runs directly behind hundreds of peoples homes, where cars and especially motorcycles thrash their vehicles at silly speeds every single day and night there is nothing.

AND – Why do we never see the Arrive alive speed camera van on the Llanypwll link road. Some evenings and weekends it’s like a racetrack.[/quote]

PW: These vans are situated on key routes where statistical data shows speeding is an issue. Thank you for the information I promise I will get this to our Go Safe team this afternoon to assess if they can attend there.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140220]Question – Reports of doors being tried at night in some parts in Wrexham however no break-ins. What can be done, should it be reported to the police?[/quote]

SO: Report it every time. We cant respond if we are not aware. Every call forms a pattern of behaviour, so we can respond appropriately to those issues.
    A back door being tried is essentially an attempted burglary.

D R
    Keymaster

We have mentioned this before – however had a question in asking: The speed camera van often parks in a layby in Pandy outside a row of bungalows where residents park and it is also a bus stop. Is this allowed?

zinger
    Participant

1) Is it not insensitive for a Police Office/ PCSO to visit the home of someone reporting anti social behaviour on their doorstep in full view of the perpetrators?

2) What reasoning is behind moving the Police Station to Llay when the prison is on the Industrial Estate?

LadyK
    Participant

Looking forward to the replies and appreciate the time taken by yourselves and NWP.

D R
    Keymaster

Another question for Inspector Owens – I live in Froncysyllte and the speed vehicles come into the village from Llangollen is high, the other direction from Chirk is better as there are countdown 300m, 200m and 100m signs which I feel help slow traffic. From Llangollen there aren’t any countdown signs, just a 30 sign and a light up one shortly after. It is at the end of a long straight so vehicles are moving fast.

I wait at the bus stop early in the morning and it is usually the heavily loaded timber trucks believe it or not that are travelling fastest, the very things with no braking distance!

At 3.40 the school bus from Ysgol Dinas Bran stops in the bus stop just after the Aqueduct Inn to drop the children off and the majority have to cross the main road.

Please could we consider a speed trap with Go Safe occasionally or a countdown set of signs?

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140221]One for Inspector Owens – Why is the police car park in the Rhos police station always full but rarely see an active presence on foot?[/quote]

SO: Rhos police station contains both patrol for Wrexham Rural and the SNT for Rhos, Penycae, Johnstown and Ponciau. The vehicles in the car park are used by patrol officers, and I am disappointed to hear that is your perception. The local SNT PCSO’s covering this area are out on foot throughout the working day.
    Patrol officer duties are to go through the area, going from job to job throughout the district based on demand. They are encouraged to use the other stations within the district, Gresford, Overton, Coedpoeth, Cefn so they dont always respond from Rhos. That also assists in our response times.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140227]We have mentioned this before – however had a question in asking: The speed camera van often parks in a layby in Pandy outside a row of bungalows where residents park and it is also a bus stop. Is this allowed?[/quote]

SO: I have no control over the placements of the Go Safe vehicle that is a separate department, managed by roads policing. I can only imagine there is evidence to suggest it is a location where excess speed is evident. I will speak to Sargent Nicola Collins to ask that question.
    In relation to the placement I would like to think they have done their due diligence and that is an approved location.

(and promises a follow up!)

D R
    Keymaster

And back to the town centre with a question for Inspector Wycherley! – What are you doing to tackle the black mamba / spice problem in Wrexham?

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140228]1) Is it not insensitive for a Police Office/ PCSO to visit the home of someone reporting anti social behaviour on their doorstep in full view of the perpetrators?

2) What reasoning is behind moving the Police Station to Llay when the prison is on the Industrial Estate?[/quote]

SO: Depending on the context of the situation, I would need the fine detail of that job as it may well be. If you want to speak to me or Paul we can respond in more detail.

SO: There is no connection between the prison and the police station, they are separate entities.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News