Stretch of Ruthin Road opposite Bellevue Park

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Stretch of Ruthin Road opposite Bellevue Park

• Author

jok
    Participant

Sorry to inform you Councillor Wynn, but you and whoever else decided to make Ruthin Road one way from the junction of Bradley Road and Victoria Road towards the junction of Penybryn and Ruabon Road are misguided. All that is needed is a single yellow line on one side of the highway limiting parking during the daytime, say 0800 to 1800 on that section of Ruthin Road. The replacement of the roundabout by traffic lights at the junction of Ruthin Road, Victoria Road and Bradley Road should never have happened, another mistake by Local Government Officers who probably don’t even live in Wrexham. Why don’t councillors consult people like myself who have lived and worked the streets of Wrexham for over 40 years?

John O’Keefe,

Secretary of Wrexham Hackney Carriage Association.

beedar
    Participant

Exactly Jok, all those lights have done is make the traffic flow about ten times worse

justjojo2011
    Participant

NOw that Deggy’s has closed, the traffic flow down the road won’t be as bad now. I am assuming this is the road we’re talking about?

BenjaminM
    Participant

@justjojo2011 19374 wrote:

NOw that Deggy’s has closed, the traffic flow down the road won’t be as bad now. I am assuming this is the road we’re talking about?

So one shop has been to blame all along? Goodness me, what a revelation!
    Why didn’t anybody else think of that? Job done, say no more.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

@justjojo2011 19374 wrote:

What Deggsies Float & Maggot Emporium!! Now that’s closed the traffic must be virtually non-existent especially push bikes with baskets on the back!!!! Tell me JoJoJoJo where do you get your barbed hooks from these days??

Ferret
    Participant

This thread will soon be longer than the road.

asteve76
    Participant

@speediecars 19331 wrote:

Totally agree with beedar:

Crazy idea just like turning rhosddu bridge one way and we all saw the chaos that caused.

Easiest solution is double yellow all along one way, I dont see why everybody should suffer because of a few people who dont want to pay for parking in the town.

Dreadful idea just like replacing the roundabout with traffic lights on ruthin road.

In total agreement about those traffic lights.
    Also, there has been a few occasions when turning left onto Bradley Road from Ruthin Road, when I’ve nearly knocked over someone stepping onto the zebra crossing because there’s a bit of a blind spot on the left.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News