Store 21 comes to Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Store 21 comes to Wrexham

• Author

Maureen Gray
    Participant

@BenjaminM 18352 wrote:

Principal??
    So you are out to get the head of Store21 involved now are you?

Come no Bejamin, we aer not no haer to scoer pints of a feller poster! You say tomato I say tomato!

Sheefag
    Participant

Sammy, go back once more.
    Whilst giving the secret ‘Gareth Hunt’ sign, try the ancient Chinese magic phrase;-
    Hoo Yo Luckin Aahh?‘.
    Do let us know how you get on.

Sammy
    Participant

It’s interesting though that if you buy on-line from Store 21 then you can return the item within 14 days for a full refund. From mid 2015 you will actually be able to return the item to your local store for the refund which is useful if you have one near you because Store 21 do not offer to cover your return postage costs. However if you buy a similar item in store then you can’t return it.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Sammy, in what way is that actually interesting then??

Null
    Participant

@Sammy 18400 wrote:

if you buy on-line from Store 21 then you can return the item within 14 days for a full refund.

Because you’re covered by the Consumer Contracts Regulations, which replaced the Distance Selling Regulations.

Sammy it really does pay to know what you’re talking about before spouting off ‘the law’.

Sammy
    Participant

Yes I know all about the distance selling regulations having worked for a company who were brokers for on-line sales. Quite often although you may not realise it when you order on-line you are not actually dealing with the company directly, you go through an agent because the store HQ hasn’t the capacity to employ their own staff. As part of our employment we had to learn all the laws regarding on-line sales and in-store sales for both new and used goods as the on-line exams are not on different papers, this is how I know about the 1979 sale of goods act.
    It may well have been amended since I left which is why it’s always a good idea to check with Trading Standards before complaining.
    I was given the information about Store 21 and their new return policy for on-line sales off a friend who still work’s for the on-line sales agency. I asked her if there had been any recent amendments to the sale of good’s act and she wasn’t aware of any.
    I think being able to return the good’s to the store is ideal for customers who don’t want to pay the return postage cost’s. Personally I wouldn’t buy off a company who charge return postage but with Stores like Store 21 who’s items are usually under £10 it would not be cost effective for them to offer it unless of course it was on large orders.
    I think it would be an interesting scenario should an in-store customer arrive at the same time as an on-line customer to change an item and be refused because they had bought it in store while an on-line buyer would walk out with the refund.
    I didn’t get into town today because I went to visit a friend in Flint but did get to discover while I was there that Store 21 in Flint is closing down, it’s going to be a pound shop.
    Apparently the Wrexham store has stopped opening on a Sunday due to lack of sales, not looking good for the company all around. It’s the staff I feel sorry for because jobs are not easily come by but when you think that they are only on 4 hour contracts I don’t suppose they have much to lose.

Sheefag
    Participant

A well placed source tells me that the chain has been left with a horribly exposed position as a direct result of the crash in ‘Onesie Futures’.

I accept that this in no way alleviates your painful experience but it may go some way towards explaining the situation.
    I sincerely hope that you may take some small crumb of comfort from this information.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Sammy will probably complain that the small crumbs do not conform to EU standards!

Sheefag
    Participant

Sammy’s trip to the Natural History museum didn’t go according to plan.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News