Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Store 21 comes to Wrexham

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

It was an empty shop for God’s sake.
    Whiners.

Adam
    Participant

An empty shop has the potential to be a great addition to the town.

A pared-down version of a national chain of discount clothes stores simply reaffirms a run down area of town as discount alley. It will not bring back the shoppers the town needs and will stifle any future, positive investment.

As an antidote, it would be great to read more articles about some of the small business start-ups that are taking a leap of faith with their own cash and making a go of it in the town such as:

• Emz-Cakes – Chester Street
    • Vollete – Charles Street
    • Mar Shop – Charles Street

These are the type of niche businesses that a market town can use to distinguish itself from its larger neighbouring towns and cities…

Sad to see the Tea and Coffee shop on High Street not renewing their lease though… :(

JaneJ
    Participant

Slightly off the thread but Halfords Auto Centre closed couple of weeks back due to excessive rent and rates– it is Council property

Sammy
    Participant

I was really disappointed with this store and with it’s products and to top it all when I did find something that I wanted, it’s cash only and I had to trail outside to the cash machine, queue there and then queue back in the store for a second time. It took me 25 mins to buy a onesie, which doesn’t fit and now has to go back. However I doubt that it will last long because Store 21 are known for not paying their rent, it was only last week that they had the bailiffs in their Aber shop.

Rondetto
    Participant

True Sammy, they’ve been on the ding dong at their Rhyl store too. It would be a pity if they left the town, we need as many stores in the town centre as we can get. Just a pity they only do Ladies clothes. Shame to see Greenwoods going too.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I love Store 21. I love the clothing etc. But I wasn’t overly impressed when I went in before Christmas. I did get a couple of jigsaws for my son and found the staff to be super friendly and polite but the level of stock just wasn’t the same. The layout was terrible if you have a pushchair or a wheelchair. I don’t think the store is big enough to be honest so we’re just getting the tat.

Sammy
    Participant

I didn’t know that Greenwoods was going too, that’s a shame, it must be one of the oldest shops in the town. As for store 21, I finally got back into town to change the onesie for a smaller one, only to be told when they didn’t have one my size that I couldn’t have a cash refund and that I had to have an exchange instead. Oh no-way, I know it’s only a fiver but that’s not the point, it might have been £50 and I would have had the same answer. It’s a customers statutory right to a refund unless the good’s bought are marked faulty and say ‘no refund or exchange’ when you buy them. I’ve had this argument with a sports shop in Broughton previously and told them the same as I told Store 21, that their company policy is not above the law. I went through the bank on that occasion and cancelled the payment on my credit card, not as easy to do in Store 21 though as it was a cash purchase. I was in my lunch break so didn’t have the time to argue with them but I will be going back to demand the refund and if I don’t get it then it’s trading standards for me.

Rondetto
    Participant

Good for you Sammy, I’d create hell until they refunded me.

BenjaminM
    Participant

The store has no Statutory obligation to exchange goods that are not faulty. They MAY however, exchange goods on a goodwill basis, but that is entirely at the discretion of the seller.
    After all, it’s not their fault that the wrong size was purchased (unless of course it was incorrectly labelled).
    I think you need to get a better understanding of the legal aspects of consumer protection laws before you continue with your crusade.

BenjaminM
    Participant

@Rondetto 18198 wrote:

Good for you Sammy, I’d create hell until they refunded me.

As I have said before – it’s not those that know the most, that have the most to say.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News