STOP THE PARK CUTS

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum STOP THE PARK CUTS

• Author

Nen
    Participant

Don’t worry, I’m sure that the consultation exercise will put the kybosh on this proposal – from what I’ve seen on social media the vast majority of people are against cuts of rangers.

Bigbrother
    Participant

I can’t understand why the council don’t start charging to park at Ty Mawr and Alyn Waters. Visitors are genuinely surprised that they don’t have to pay anything.

£2 a day or a yearly ticket for £50, it’s not a lot and this cost would more than pay for the upkeep of the parks.
    The Canal Trust have recently submitted plans for a paid car park at Trevor Basin, it’s ludicrous that the council aren’t doing the same.

What the council is suggesting is that 3 rangers will keep 11 parks open. As the rangers work a 5 day week it will mean that for 6 days a week there will only be 2 of them. How exactly is that going to work ?

The next thing will be closing the parks as there aren’t enough rangers to cover them.

zinger
    Participant

I have been down to Nant Mill today & I was saddened to see that the visitor centre may only be open at weekends next summer. There were people knocking on the door when I passed. Could be that they wanted to use the toilets which were locked. There was a good number of people around mostly dog walkers.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News