Still wasting our money, does anyone care?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Still wasting our money, does anyone care?

• Author

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=135364]

Considering that Wales together with Scotland and Northern Ireland have the highest percentage of its population working in the Public Sector than all English regions, (the lowest percentage regions are London and the South of England). I leave you to draw your own conclusions as to the people the “alliance” really wants to help.

I would say they are trying to help the tax payers, you know those of us who pay for the public sector jobs.

Cannot understand why so many people jump in to defend the WAG wasting our money yet lambast WCBC every time they waste a penny!

[/quote]
    I would say they are trying to help the tax payers, you know those of us who pay for the public sector jobs.

Cannot understand why so many people jump in to defend the WAG wasting our money yet lambast WCBC every time they waste a penny!

[/quote]

They are not trying to help the basic tax payers, only the upper bracket earners. Their stated aim is to reduce Public Spending, which would hit Wales more than other parts of “Little England”

Oh, by the way, public sector workers pay tax too you know.

I am not defending WAG wasting money. They are not wasting money, they are complying with British Law. Certain Union Roles such as Health and Safety reps, Education and Learning reps etc. are protected by Government legislation. Governments in the past saw the benefit in having these important positions. Do you want to rip up all this Legislation? Do you think Wales should go against these laws and return to the dark ages?

It is not just Public Sector organisations but many private companies recognise the importance in having trained union officials in their workforce. I could name local businesses who encourage employees to train as union officials. They even pay for them to attend courses and pay for their facility time because they recognise the importance of the role they play.

A large public sector organisation with a large number of staff will frequently have need for union officials to attend negotiations and disciplinary hearings etc. It is more convenient to have these officials at hand to attend quickly and when it is convenient for all parties. There could be a lot of wasted time and resources if they had to wait for a union national official to be free to attend.

Finally, the vast percentage of union officials in this country are unpaid officials who volunteer their time. Only a small number of officials are paid.

I suggest you do a little bit of research into employment law and also the workings of trade unions before you wade into “lets hit the unions again” under the pretence of saving tax payers money.

The tax payers alliance have close connections with the “Tea Party” in America. Need I say any more.

DerekJackson
    Participant

Maybe a change of direction on this thread may help to look at the whole of the workforce within Local Government- Pensions are clearly a workers right and I do not begrudge anyone receiving one when they retire. I do however feel that contribution of approx 29% from the Public Funds that are now reducing is such a big hit on money that should be going into front line services.
    Approx 8 – 11% goes into the funds for those employed and the rest goes to feed the black hole left from bad investments, economic down turn and reduced number of staff.
    So in reply to an earlier comment why should tax payers today pay for the failings of local government officials in the past!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News