State of the streets in Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum State of the streets in Wrexham

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

I walked down High street this morning and apart from all the chewing gum there was vomit on the pavement. Turning into Chester street there was more vomit just outside the new gym, and even more just outside the entrance to the people’s market.
    I don’t know what visitors think of our town but it certainly doesn’t do any good for our image.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I walked down high street yesterday afternoon and didn’t notice anything. Unfortunately, people can only clean it up if they know it is there. Did you report it to the council so they could get it sorted?

@Rondetto 15507 wrote:

I walked down High street this morning and apart from all the chewing gum there was vomit on the pavement. Turning into Chester street there was more vomit just outside the new gym, and even more just outside the entrance to the people’s market.
    I don’t know what visitors think of our town but it certainly doesn’t do any good for our image.

harry
    Participant

They need to jet wash the door way of the old burtons!

MP1953
    Participant

@justjojo2011 15515 wrote:

I walked down high street yesterday afternoon and didn’t notice anything. Unfortunately, people can only clean it up if they know it is there. Did you report it to the council so they could get it sorted?

You are right, but if you are around town at a certain time especially Sat and Sunday morning it is there every week and in vast amounts, also bottles, take aways you name it is there, very often right next to bins. :rolleyes:

I was in town the other Saturday morning about 9 ish and the council must have been late on their early morning clean up round, what a mess, its the sign of the times unfortunately. :(

locallad
    Participant

I don’t think the area around wxm parish church has been swept for years.College St / Temple row area is an absolute disgrace.When you think of the amount of visitors that you get there.But all of the streets in the town look as if they need a good sweep & clean.What a disgrace it is becoming.Wrexham should adopt that tune Dirty old Town as it Anthem.

justjojo2011
    Participant

The biggest problem Wrexham has is not the dirty streets, or the drunks, or the drug users.. it’s the negativity. One of the proposed cuts its the street scheme team… so there will be even less around to clean up.. I would suggest investing in a mighty good brush as well as a decent mop and give it a go because the way it looks at the moment, it may well be the only way to clean it up.

99DylanJones
    Participant

The root cause is the people who litter in the first place — educate them and the problem goes away — hit people with fines for littering

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News