Stansty Road bridge closure

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Stansty Road bridge closure

• Author

ChillDoubt
    Participant

pete,
    Apparently the footpath will remain open, so no reason why you shouldn’t be able to use it.
    The general congestion that will be caused anyway might encourage people to cycle to work as traffic will still be slow-moving at rush hour, I would imagine.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=134561]pete,
    Apparently the footpath will remain open, so no reason why you shouldn’t be able to use it.
    The general congestion that will be caused anyway might encourage people to cycle to work as traffic will still be slow-moving at rush hour, I would imagine.

[/quote]

I think it maybe better this time, because they have obviously planned it whilst the schools are off which of course creates the most amount of traffic in the rush hour and late afternoon.

steveg
    Participant

Great to see that our Council is still able to coordinate roadworks. The diverted traffic from Stansty heads up Grosvenor Road into the closed lane around the roadworks at the top of Bradley Road.

Andy
    Participant

There’s going to be chaos here Monday morning. Lights allowing 4 cars through in one lane before turning red.
    Grosvenor road will be gridlocked. What genius allowed this?

MP1953
    Participant

Not noticed any chaos, goes to show how much traffic the school runs creates.

steveg
    Participant

To be fair, crossing Prices Lane by the Walnut has never been easier and cycling along Rhosddu Road over the junction has never been safer.
    The footpath under the bridge is much more important a route than the road under the bridge. The traffic diversion, even with a bit of a wait up Grosvenor Road, only adds a couple of minutes to the journey. If the footpath closed, the nearest alternative route is a twenty five minute walk.

Theresa
    Participant

I thought the council weren’t going to allow any other roadworks on main routes while this closure was in place?

Makes me laugh, close Stansty Bridge, then undertake works on Grosvenor Road and then Chester Road ffs lol !

Why not close off other diversion roads at the same time? Seems to make sense to Wrexham council! Mold Road, Rhosddu Road, close them, it’ll be fine :D

MP1953
    Participant

Again I have to say the roads have never been quieter these last few weeks, where’s everyone gone ? guess it will change in a couple of weeks time if the bridge is not finished by time the school runs start again !

Rondetto
    Participant

I heard a rumour that it was going to take 3 weeks longer to complete. Hopefully it will be finished on time before the schools reopen after their summer holidays.

Born Acorn
    Participant

The council doesn’t control roadworks except for general road maintenance and resurfacing.

Water, gas, utilities and railway firms have the power to do it whenever it suits them, and often they have to solve problems immediately or face a fine from the government.

They’ll let the council know but the council can’t stop them. We need our utilities firms to talk to each other.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News