Stansty Road bridge closure

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Stansty Road bridge closure

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

The bridge in Stansty is being closed from July 7th until September 4th for maintenance by Network rail.
    This is going to be a summer of bedlam for people of Rhosddu.

AMA Express
    Participant

Where should we donate our £2 per month at ?

zinger
    Participant

[quote quote=133878]The bridge in Stansty is being closed from July 7th until September 4th for maintenance by Network rail.

[/quote] Oh Heavens, not again. Remember the queues on the Mold Road last time. Nightmare. No chance of a footbridge by any chance?

Ferret
    Participant

It’s started snowing again I see.

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=133878]The bridge in Stansty is being closed from July 7th until September 4th for maintenance by Network rail.

[/quote]
    Yes, its part of the improvements that are planned for the Rhosddu area.

They will be widening the space under the bridge to finally allow two vehicles to pass without the fear of taking their wing mirrors off.

Next they are tackling the continued problems with the junkies and drunks in the park and garden of rest.

I jest of course, it will be chaos and no different once the repairs have been carried out, plus the zombies will have probably multiplied by then, arriving in those nice new buses from Chester.

AMA Express please send donations to the Help the Zombies appeal.

Daave63
    Participant

The closure was announced last week, so all sensible people will have thought-on and planned an alternative route! Oh no, its the petty/selfish Wrexham folk, so they will follow the car in front like sheep, and then bleat on & on about the chaos that the bloody Council, Network Rail and all the other cars are causing!! And on the subject of driving under the bridge, there is sufficient room for two cars to pass safely, its the poor drivers who can’t!
    IT’S ALL ABOUT ME, ME, ME!!!!!

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

i like the idea of it becoming part of the canal system …. it probably will do gain if we get the promised ‘flooding’!

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Councillor X wrote: They will be widening the space under the bridge to finally allow two vehicles to pass without the fear of taking their wing mirrors off.
    I’ve never yet seen that happen but do get frustrated when lines of traffic form because drivers have not got the spacial awareness to negotiate the bridge. It can more than adequately cater for two lines of flowing traffic, it’s just poor driving.
    If you’re not prepared to do so, please DO NOT use that route, you’re holding up those of us who can drive properly.
    That said, the closure is a fantastic opportunity for people to cycle to work in the middle of summer.

pete
    Participant

[quote quote=134475]That said, the closure is a fantastic opportunity for people to cycle to work in the middle of summer.[/quote]
    Stansty bridge is the signed cycle route, and the way I used to cycle to work until it was closed.
    Have they left a gap so people can cycle through?

Matt
    Participant

The ability for smooth and uninterrupted navigation around narrow pinchpoint areas of Wrexham is inversely proportional to the number of Chelsea Tractors currently taking space away from normal cars at any given time.

Anyone who regularly drives around areas such as Rhos or Penycae will notice their distinct lack of respect for the white line road markings in the middle of the road and act like they are doing you a favour by moving over to physically stay off of your side of the road. Could be an eyesight issue as they also read the 20mph zone markings as 30mph.

Also amusing that these off-road 4×4 vehicles are the least muddy cars around the town.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News