Stansty bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Stansty bridge

• Author

Biker Dom
    Participant

This is the scene as it stands at the moment.

1380707_10201045555514332_1657669346_n.jpg

1376327_10201045555354328_103746735_n.jpg

1377015_10201045555394329_1835120276_n.jpg

Iceman
    Participant

@graham 7656 wrote:

Ive always said they should put a walkway over the railway line then dig out the footpath to make road wider…
    Any thoughts except from cost?? maybe next march/april ;)

No issues with that idea as long as it is accessible for wheelchair and pushchair users etc. Also could be issues with idiots lobbing items off the bridge onto the track or at trains.

Perhaps a better idea would be priority for traffic coming from town, with a give way sign at the other end? It works in Eccleston near Chester, although granted it is a lot quieter.

zinger
    Participant

@Iceman 9804 wrote:

No issues with that idea as long as it is accessible for wheelchair and pushchair users etc. Also could be issues with idiots lobbing items off the bridge onto the track or at trains.

Perhaps a better idea would be priority for traffic coming from town, with a give way sign at the other end? It works in Eccleston near Chester, although granted it is a lot quieter.

At last – someone with some common sense.

harry
    Participant

some people piss me off driving thru here, they dont even attempt to keep to the left they just power thru

zinger
    Participant

The bridge has been there for a long time. A raised footpath was not part of the original plan. They then built an out of town shopping complex, a tennis centre & a sixth form college was made into a university all increasing the traffic flow. Wouldn’t you have thought that they would have realised in the planning of these complexes that thought would have been given to a pedestrian link into Rhosddu. From Crispin Lane to Total Fitness would possibly have been a preferable option.

Rondetto
    Participant

I had to take my grandaughter to the university this morning, heading towards the Stansty abridge I slowed right down and got as close to the wall as I could, maybe 1 or 2 inches off. A white van came at full speed towards me and banged my wing mirror. Unbelievable!!!! You cant imagine how angry I was after me getting as close to the wall as I could.
    I promise you one thing, If he’d have stopped he would be in intensive care now.
    I see smashed glass there every week, so always go very slow through it, I’m just mad at how others have no consideration for others. Something has to be done before a fatal accident happens there.

dewi73
    Participant

How about employees from the public sector taking turns with a ‘Stop/Go’ stick??
    Obviously it would need 2 Supervisors, 2 Admin staff, 2 Safety Coordinators & a man with the stick to do the job properly.

zinger
    Participant

What about toilet facilities & cones to give warning in advance.

Iceman
    Participant

@zinger 10047 wrote:

What about toilet facilities & cones to give warning in advance.

They could introduce a toll like the Mersey tunnel, with a big row of machines and seperate ‘stansty tunnel police’

gogledd
    Participant

..make it cyclists only ;-)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News