Stansty bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Stansty bridge

• Author

zinger
    Participant

I find 4×4 drivers much the worst. Some of them think that they own the road.

Born Acorn
    Participant
    graham;7656 wrote:
    Ive always said they should put a walkway over the railway line then dig out the footpath to make road wider…
    Any thoughts except from cost?? maybe next march/april ;)

I think this is the most likely option.

Of course the best would be to demolish the bridge, fill in the dip completely and then put a new bridge in over the railway. It would also be the most expensive, but with the Remploy site up for sale the land could be snatched for such a scheme.

On the other hand, that trial of the one way system went abysmally. It happened when a lot of other roads were also closed/subject to heavy roadworks, rendering it useless because traffic increased on Mold Road anyway.

zinger
    Participant

“Of course the best would be to demolish the bridge, fill in the dip completely and then put a new bridge in over the railway. It would also be the most expensive, but with the Remploy site up for sale the land could be snatched for such a scheme”.

How would the trains run in the meantime?

The bridge was closed for a very short time again recently & the traffic was again horrendous on the Mold Road. Nothing to do with other roadworks that time.

NJones
    Participant

@Metalhead 7659 wrote:

I reckon that would work. The main problem I have experienced is with transit vans taking ‘the racing line’ through there :mad:

I’ve seen various vehicles losing mirrors and lost 3x myself thanks to large white vans that drive round the blind part of the bend with no consideration for oncoming traffic. Why can they not see that this is dangerous? The latest ‘trend’ seems to swerve at oncoming traffic in a bid to scare it into stopping so they can fly through. I’ve also seen boy racers and taxis do this. Two vans do not fit in the narrowest section.

Quite simply the road is not fit for current purpose and needs to be changed. It would seem the simplest approach would be to put traffic lights on it, but as mentioned above there is land where Remploy was, and along Crispin lane to create a new road. It could go all the way down to the old Jaques scarp yard site, and maybe as far as Watery road.

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

The traffic lights would need to commence on the junction with Rhosddu Rd(opposite the Walnut..as was!), otherwise traffic at red, would back up from the bridge and beyond that junction

zinger
    Participant

You obviously haven’t been there when there have been roadworks. Traffic lights were tried many years ago & were abandoned as useless. The footpath that was not intended to be there is the main problem. As others have said another problem is selfish drivers. I use this road regularly. If there is a largish vehicle already under the bridge then I pause to let them through first. What is difficult about that? Seconds is all it takes & the traffic keeps flowing.

NJones
    Participant

@zinger 7670 wrote:

You obviously haven’t been there when there have been roadworks. Traffic lights were tried many years ago & were abandoned as useless. The footpath that was not intended to be there is the main problem. As others have said another problem is selfish drivers. I use this road regularly. If there is a largish vehicle already under the bridge then I pause to let them through first. What is difficult about that? Seconds is all it takes & the traffic keeps flowing.

Sadly, not all are as considerate as you and I.

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

@NJones 7671 wrote:

Sadly, not all are as considerate as you and I.

Correct and in a former life I dealt with cars that came to grief under the bridge. It ain’t working! Another issue is the safety of the bridge, everytime the bridge supports take a smack they have to be structurally checked, which causes major disruption to the train service.

Traffic Lights or removal and re-siting of the footpath, thats the options…..to many D***heads in our wonderful town to rely on common sense.

Rondetto
    Participant

I agree, traffic lights will solve the problem permanently. Ok it’s going to cost, but isn’t that worth it to save any more crashes.

Taffy
    Participant

Traffic lights are not the answer. Red lights will see traffic backing up on to the main road by the Walnut pub.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News