Stansty bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Stansty bridge

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

Yes, again, another smash today. How long before something is done?
    The one way system didn’t work and I know traffic lights would cost, but surely even at the cost it would save all these accidents under this bridge.

harry
    Participant

the bridge isnt the problem, its the morons who seem to be incapable of driving a car without crashing it. 100’s of drivers use that road every week without crashing.

zinger
    Participant

It is an integral part of the Wrexham road network. That much was pretty obvious when the whole town was one gigantic nightmare when they made it one way. The bridge originally didn’t have a footpath & was plenty wide enough for most sizes of vehicle. If Sainsburys had had an exit or entry on to the Mold Road it might have helped. Bad planning again. There are a lot more students using it now so there may be a lot of new drivers too. They need to move the footpath else where, perhaps over the railway line off Crispin Lane.

Rondetto
    Participant

I see lots of big white vans using the bridge these days, I guess with Homebase and other retailers around the area it’s bound to be more busy. When you meet a large vehicle in the bridge it’s best to wait for them to go.

Alunh
    Participant

Whilst agreeing that accidents would not occur without 100’s of morons, it remains clear that all blackspots share the same problem. Accidents are often a mix of morons and unsuitable road conditions and, whilst it would be nice to see all of the morons off the road, sometimes it pays to sort out the road conditions as well

zinger
    Participant

Why can thy not put signs up like they do elsewhere saying give way to traffic already under the bridge. Is there a reason why they call it Stansty Bridge or tunnel when it is Rhosddu? The address for Colliery Road has always been Rhosddu & Rhosddu Village Post Office is the other way.

graham
    Participant

Ive always said they should put a walkway over the railway line then dig out the footpath to make road wider…
    Any thoughts except from cost?? maybe next march/april ;)

Rondetto
    Participant

The expense would justify the means if it stopped all these accidents from happening. Morons or not, they are frequent events under this bridge.

Metalhead
    Participant

@graham 7656 wrote:

Ive always said they should put a walkway over the railway line then dig out the footpath to make road wider…
    Any thoughts except from cost?? maybe next march/april ;)

I reckon that would work. The main problem I have experienced is with transit vans taking ‘the racing line’ through there :mad:

Rondetto
    Participant

EXACTLY: That was my point, it’s not particularly moron drivers causing these accidents. It’s the large vehicles using it that tear through there thinking they own the roads.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News