Stansty bridge crash

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Stansty bridge crash

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

Yet again another crash in the bridge at stansty. I see smashed glass there most weeks, how long can this go on
    before something is done? The problems started some years ago when the likes of Homebase, Boots and other outlets
    opened there. Vans of all sizes bomb through there making it a lottery whether cars and vans slow down on the approach.

Born Acorn
    Participant

I own a large car and have never had any incidents in the bridge. I rarely need to stop – only when you get the nervous driver who seems oblivious to the two foot gap between their car and the wall.

The permanent solution would be an overbridge and removing the footway, widening the road.

MP1953
    Participant

Yes I agree, there is plenty of room for two cars to go through even vans but a lot of drivers seem to want 2 or 3 foot either side of them !!

Lemonpopsical
    Participant

Bravo, you must both feel very accomplished.

zinger
    Participant

The footpath under the bridge was added later. It was never intended to be there so why not move it? Most of the accidents are due to impatience. A simple give way sign at the Plas Coch end is all that is needed.

jok
    Participant

I agree with Zinger to a certain extent and it could work. The problem I foresee with a give way sign only at the Plas Coch end is that drivers approaching from that side would have to almost enter the underpass, which is at that point the narrowest, before they can see the approaching traffic. If traffic from either direction had to give way to traffic already under the bridge the problem would be solved as long as everyone observed this. I think we all know that making the underpass one way would be catastrophic.

Bish
    Participant

At the moment a lot of drivers do stop at the Plas Coch end and give way, the problem occurs when you have idiots speeding through or the numpties who are intent on going in the middle of the road to avoid the sides.

zinger
    Participant

Giving way at either end would be fine too, apart from the build up of traffic back to the main road at busy periods. Coming from the town end you can actually see what is coming at you but at the Plas Coch end, as Jok says, you have to get right up to the bridge. I am one of those people who pauses at that end anyway but then I have travelled through it for a good number of years & respect it. When they built the footpath they obviously didn’t foresee the future volume of traffic.

MP1953
    Participant

Still say there is plenty of room for two cars to go under there at the same time :) ;)

zinger
    Participant

I agree that there is plenty of room if everyone keeps to their side of the road but at the Plas Coch end you don’t see the approaching traffic and the positioning of it until you are almost into the bridge. I wait until cars right at the end clear before going in. No problem passing once you are under the bridge but that bend can be a bit tight. People coming from town end see a clear run & often take the centre line.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News