Standing man statue at former Bersham Colliery Tip.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Standing man statue at former Bersham Colliery Tip.

• Author

The Monitor
    Participant

Anyone know what happened to the metal sculpture that was erected on the old Bersham Colliery Tip?

Mike Davies
    Participant

I was wondering that myself. I had noticed that it had gone a few weeks ago. I hope it returns as it was an interesting addition to an otherwise bland spoil heap.

Daave63
    Participant

He’s had enough of the fresh air and stunning views of the country side and has headed to the bright lights of the big city.
    Hanging around all day on the grassed area next to the St Giles link road and path to Madera Hill, stood dead-eyed, motionless and staring into space – a magnificent and true reflection of post industrial Wrexham.
    I believe he is due to embark on a summer tour of the town center, pausing only to slump at the ruins of Ye Olde Omnibus Halt, before taking in the delights of Rhosddu’s vibrant social scene! Hopefully he wont end up on the scrap heap!

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

I wish that was the case Daave but the truth, as seen on site, is far sadder!

He got wankered on Mad Friday and hasn’t recovered!

Sheefag
    Participant

How much did that bit of scrap cost?

zinger
    Participant

Not a bean to you or I. I am sure that I read that he made it out of just that. Scrap metal. His main problem is to get a welder up to the top.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

I don’t know why but i get the impression that Daave and Sheefag live in a bedsit together and share an old battered, stained laptop, spending night after night trying to outwit each other ………………

Whatever the truth, they are very entertaining :)

Nen
    Participant

It was vandalised – I’m sure you could have guessed that.

Sheefag
    Participant

I thought it was Scrapman. Reclining.

Daave63
    Participant

Bugger, ousted at last Shee, you get out of the closet first, I’m staying here with the lying witch.

Scoff as you may you doubters, the scrapman is on the link road by them arched reflective things on the bank oppo the car park!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News