St MARKS NCP CARPARK

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum St MARKS NCP CARPARK

• Author

summerhill
    Participant

Any truth in the rumour that St Marks carpark is closing,apparently staff not letting people book places after Friday

AMA Express
    Participant

Yep.

wrexview
    Participant

Is it still owned by the Grosvenor Estates ?

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

When it’s closed and left unattended with no security it will become a site for drunks, druggies and down and outs..

AMA Express
    Participant

And that’s a good reason to keep it open ?

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

[quote quote=100544]And that’s a good reason to keep it open ?

[/quote]
    No, that’s not the reason for keeping it open, I was just saying what would happen to it when it closes.
    It needs to be kept open because it is much needed…

Daave63
    Participant

If it was a much needed car-park, it must be busy and pay for itself! If not the private company will shut it, its not subsidised by the Council!!

99DylanJones
    Participant

About 12 months ago there were rumours that Westminster Estates had been considering converting part of the shop block into apartments. Perhaps the ending of the lease is ideal time for this plan to be brought forward. With so many empty car park spaces around town it is clear that there is over capacity so the loss of spaces at St Marks would not be an issue and potentially help the Council generate income from their very empty car park.

Woodbine
    Participant

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned yet is that St Marks car park forms part of the emergency escape route for the upper floors of some of the shops in that block of regent St as well as the large Methodist church that is open and busy every day. Not sure how people would escape in case of fire if the car park is closed up?

Phil Wynn
    Participant

Woodbines influenced my informative years so whilst not a great fan of the unfiltered I must thank-you for drawing this to my attention. I shall raise this matter with the powers that be at WCBC.

Cllr Phil Wynn

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News

A view from Sam Rowlands – Welsh Conservative North Wales Member of the Senedd

News

“It is not for local authorities to fund local or national print media”, says Senedd committee

News

Over 6,000 illegal vapes seized in Wrexham in Trading Standards crackdown

News

Former First Minister Mark Drakeford honoured as one of the “Covid heroes”

News