St David’s Day

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum St David’s Day

• Author

grumpyom
    Participant

Would like to come into town on Sunday for the St David’s Day Celebrations does anyone know if Wrexham council car parks are free on Sundays. If not where is the best place to park. ( not tight just resent paying huge fee to park in a space which would be empty )

Null
    Participant

No, all the car parks charge 7 days a week. I find The People’s Market multi storey offers the best value at only £1 for 1-2hrs and £2 for anything over 2 hrs (level 2 and above). A lot of the car parks have a maximum 2 hour stay.

zinger
    Participant

The car park on the Everland chippie road (Crescent Road) is reasonable if you don’t mind walking.

wrexview
    Participant

Don’t think the People’s Market car park is open on a Sunday !

Null
    Participant

@wrexview 19334 wrote:

Don’t think the People’s Market car park is open on a Sunday !

I can assure you it is.

wrexview
    Participant

Apologies , I see it is now open to 3 pm on Sundays!

Null
    Participant

Hope you managed to get in and see the parade grumpyom :)

BenjaminM
    Participant

Nice to see that the Mayor dressed for the occasion resplendent in his Mayoral chain. Don’t think the woolly hat was quite in keeping with the image that I have of a First Citizen though!

Ferret
    Participant

@grumpyom 19306 wrote:

( not tight just resent paying huge fee to park in a space which would be empty )

Doesn’t a parking space always have to be empty before you can park in it?

grumpyom
    Participant

Parked in Island Green in the end cost £1.30… Good number of people at Queens square and all went well ( even saw a policeman I think )
    After had a coffee in the Island Green Asda, looking out on the car park, very interesting viewing. About half the people who parked got tickets the rest just locked up and walked off.. Suspect they either thought it was free on Sunday or thought that there would not be anyone checking.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News