Squire York

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Squire York

• Author

Jonesy
    Participant

Squire Yorke Closes For 48hrs After Serving Under 18′s | Wrexham.com

Doesn’t surprise me this – this place 10/15 years ago use to be a decent (ish) pub – more of a local with a quiz etc

Really gone down hill as this article shows.

Anyone else notice this?

beedar
    Participant

Yup, and mostly down to a certain induvidual who I won’t name

angryShopper
    Participant

I always thought it was shit, I’m not a fan of pubs which allow children, not only does this bar allow them (apparently it serves them booze) but it’s got that giant playpen out the back for them, the low priced food attracts a rougher element, it’s a perfect storm.

Sam
    Participant

The ‘playpen’ in the back has a height restriction of about 3′ ! If the staff at the squire York mistook anyone into the ‘playpen then served them Guinness. Then they deserve too be shut, but I feel this wasn’t the case.

Strange how no one has been prosecuted in the dreaded pub run. I’ve blatantly seen ‘illegal’ drinkers there at the weekends.

angryShopper
    Participant

I was talking to someone I know who holds a licence in town, they are given “updates” if you like about this sort of thing, apparently they are using this “48 shutdown” system as a warning, like a 1st strike, on a second strike (within a certain time period) (I believe they said 10 years) the licence holder will have the licence removed and bar closed etc, but again I’m not sure if there will be prosecution

You might find the police are currently leaving certain areas so they can contain the problem to an area, then work on it, just an idea (an opinion . not a statement of fact wayne x)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News