'SPRING BOARD' DESPERATE GIBBERISH

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 'SPRING BOARD' DESPERATE GIBBERISH

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

You have got to love that desperate ‘Spring Board’ gibberish.

There are is no ‘Encouraging Signs Footfall Is Up’ whatsoever.

All it shows is that Wrexham has a variation footfall of between 60-80,000 people each week.

If anything there are desperate signs that recent footfall is falling.

You have got to love the deseperation of the idiots though. LOL

99DylanJones
    Participant

Surely another element is depending on how welcoming or not Lord Street is and whether people dodge one part of a town compered to another. A single location measurement is not a statistical way of whole town footfall on a single location. Surely to get a true picture of the town figures from Eagles Meadow, supermarkets and car parking should all be in the mix. Otherwise they should just be open and state the footfall at a given point is xxx

Alunh
    Participant

I can only comment for my own business and nobody else’s. We have provided Springboard with figures for the last 16 weeks. On 8 of these weeks the turnover is up on 2016, on 8 of them it has been down. The turnover for the 1st quarter has been significantly better than the same period last year though the last few weeks have been quieter. Generally, the turnover figures, if they tally with others, would suggest Springboard might be correct. Clearly they may not.

Anonymous
    Inactive

? Your statement ‘Generally, the turnover figures, if they tally with others, would suggest Springboard might be correct.’ is obviously incorrect.

They are stating that there has been an increase in footfall this year. When there clearly has not been.

You state the relationship between two different years and even then it has been not increasing for 50% of those weeks.

Hence, both you and Spring Board are obviously incorrect.

Alunh
    Participant

I’m a little lost by your comment Mr “Truth”.

I have cited 16 weeks, 8 of which are down on previous, 8 of which are up. Within those very different weeks there are very different patterns of turnover. That said, if we add our takings up, overall, we are considerably up. That means, for us, more customers. Can’t speak for others but if the pattern is similar for anyone else, then things will have improved. If not…not.

We submit figures to Springboard and they provide some feedback each week. You would need to ask them direct if their figures suggest an upward or a downward movement. I presume that you are evidence basing your own comments??

Anonymous
    Inactive

What do you find so difficult to understand? You confuse yourself. They are relating the weekly basis of this year. You previously related year on year. They are DIFFERENT comparisons.

Now you are relating this year’s footfall when 50% are down and 50% are up. That is NOT AN INCREASE in footfall.

Springboard are claiming that there has been an increase on a weekly basis. THERE HAS NOT BEEN.

STICK TO THE DAY JOB.

Alunh
    Participant

Springboard are actually looking at a Week on Week total and a Year on Year total, both of which are explained in the Wrexham.Com article. During any given month turnover patterns will undulate and some weeks are down on the previous week and the previous year, some are not. This is fairly simple stuff. Most shops and businesses will note how the key days in the month will impact upon foot-flow as will lots of other factors.

The bottom line for my business is that it is up on 2016

I’m not sure why there is any aggression in this discussion. I am merely reporting the facts of my own business in simple terms and my day job depends upon that business succeeding. Perhaps you would prefer if I told porkies

Alunh
    Participant

The week on week are also evenly split at 8 weeks going up, 8 going down. Overall the weeks that were up were more up than those going down

Anonymous
    Inactive

“There are ‘encouraging signs’ that footfall in Wrexham is experiencing an upward trend with over 77,000 visits to the town centre in a single week in July.”

Since the figures that are provided are on a weekly basis. This statement is incorrect. Just as your replies are.

Reading and writing clearly are not for you.

pete
    Participant

If you look at the graph in the wrexham.com article, there seems to be an obvious upward trend over the period shown, despite the week on week variation which could be due to all sorts of things like the weather.

It would be interesting to compare with Eagles Meadow’s data if wrexham.com can get sight of it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News