Speedy Cars

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Speedy Cars

• Author

CerysHughes
    Participant

John,

If you went back 70 years, the political correctness brigade then wouldn’t have had problem with somebody describing somebody as indian, pakistani or chinese because there would have been a 99.9% chance they would have been Indian, Pakistan or China.

However, we’ve had numerous waves of immigration since then. For instance one of my friends looks like she is from the asian sub continent, however she is ugandan (Idi Amein’s fault why she lives in the Britain.)

Due to transport modernising over the last 100 years, it’s quite easy for somebody to move countries and settle, have kids and those kids take the nationality.

I guess now you have to say indian ancestry or of indian origin (although that isn;t always polite or correct.)

One of the main reasons you shouldn’t use indian, pakistan or chinese is to cover your own ass, because even though most people in wrexham would use it with no malice whatsoever, there is always the odd person who wants to settle a score or grudge, especially as there does seem to be an increase in race related violence in the town by a very very very small tiny minority.

Nobody is from the wrong generation, just people aren’t taught how to decribe or address others and are afraid to ask, so do it a little bit wrong.

AMA Express
    Participant

OK. I’ll confess now to making my earlier remark purely to provoke a debate on Political Correctness.

The link below is to an article written by Trevor Phillips, former chairman of the Commission For Racial Equality and he has, I my opinion, some very wise words.

Trevor Phillips is a man who dares to tell the truth about race | Daily Mail Online

Sheefag
    Participant

Informative article about the Llay development on page 6.

rnan.jpg

Saxon1
    Participant

Sheefag/Llay Housing Development/Sheefag/Llay Housing Development/Sheefag/Llay Housing Development/Sheefag/Llay Housing Development/………. anybody bored yet !

Perhaps you need to declare your interests !!

Not really sure what the picture is all about – just to insult the elderly maybe – perhaps they are your next target.

What has this got to do with Speedy Cars out of interest ?

Saxon1
    Participant

I really hope that it is a small minority of race related incidents in the area. We must all surely be aware that without multi-culturalism in the Wrexham area, the Wrexham Maelor and the Care Homes in the area would all grind to a halt.
    I had the unfortunate position of seeing my dad get rapid onset vascular dementia following a stroke 2 years ago and he ended his days in Pendine Park EMI Dementia Centre.
    I can honestly say that the staff at Pendine Park, of which there is a diverse mix of nationalties treated my dad with the upmost respect, dignity and everyday cared for him with genuine affection. His needs were enormous and extremely challenging and they carried out their duties with integrity and honesty even though their job was not always an easy one, and one that most us would not be able to do or wish to do, due to its very nature and poor pay. I for one will always remember the staff at Pendine Park, each and every one of them.

However much we read people’s views I am still convinced that it is a minority that are truly racist, but sometimes it has to be said that if somebody uses a term such as Indian/Polish that it is without malice or have any kind of racist connotation but there will always be some who might interpret it as something else. Think thats just life today, and thats a sad fact.

johnhoppy
    Participant

It is not only our care homes that are dependant on the immigrant population for their personnel.

I recently took a taxi ride into town and during the usual small talk with the driver I found out the he was from Afghanistan. During that short journey I found out a little about his family and his desire someday to go back home, but most of all his pride in his origin. He, certainly, would not have been offended by being called an Afghan, and more importantly he provided a first class service and was a credit to the Taxi company. The people who are offended by comments they deem to be of a racist nature are often those who look for racist meanings where none exist, and usually do not effect them anyway.

Rondetto
    Participant

Well said the last couple of posters. I didn’t know the driver’s name hence I could only point out that he was an Indian gentleman and a very polite and courteous
    driver. Many complain when they have bad service, I think it’s good to be complementary when we receive good service.

jok
    Participant

And here’s my thinking the company was called Speedie Cars

AMA Express
    Participant

Please don’t let an important fact like that get in the way of the debate jok. ;)

johnhoppy
    Participant

@jok 19910 wrote:

And here’s my thinking the company was called Speedie Cars

I can assure you that the company I used was not Speedy Cars (although I have nothing against them). I am not part of an advertising ploy by anyone, and take offence to you suggesting that my opinions are not my own.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News