Speedy Cars

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Speedy Cars

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

I have to praise Speedy cars taxi firm this evening. I use taxi’s several times a week and of all the firms I use Speedy cars are the only ones who deliver an honest service. I was picked up by an Indian driver tonight and what a pleasure he was. Very polite and an excellent driver too. All too often people complain of bad service here or there but I have to praise Speedy cars and this particular driver for punctuality and politeness.

Sheefag
    Participant

Rondetto, you normally post in ‘Just For Laughs’, er, just saying like.

AMA Express
    Participant

Was it necessary to mention that he was Indian ?

IF he was WAS Indian why is it surprising that he was “Very polite and an excellent driver…” ?

beedar
    Participant

There is no mention in the fact it was ‘ Surprising ‘ If the comment had said he was Australian for example then you wouldn’t have commented

Sheefag
    Participant

@AMA Express 19860 wrote:

Was it necessary to mention that he was Indian ?

IF he was WAS Indian why is it surprising that he was “Very polite and an excellent driver…” ?

Perhaps he’d moved on after the bottom fell out of the watch market.

@asteve76 19064 wrote:

This kind of reminds me of the time, a few years ago, when a BMW pulled up by me when I was outside the TSB on Priory Street, with two dark gentlemen inside.
    One rolled down the window and asked if I wanted to buy a watch for £50.
    I declined of course, but it just goes to show that these people are out there.

MP1953
    Participant

@Sheefag 19866 wrote:

Perhaps he’d moved on after the bottom fell out of the watch market.

Very Good Sheefag ;)

CerysHughes
    Participant

When i first saw this, I thought ooops this may cause a reaction.

sadly we’re not given lessons on how to describe other people and wrexham isn’t the most cosmopolitan place in the world where we see many people who aren’t from celtic or anglo saxon origin.

I just took it as somebody trying to say “it’s great that wrexham is a place were you meet people in everyday activities who are of other nationalities or different origins and speedy cars have staff that drive safely too.”

On another point, in the exam that wrexham taxi drivers must take is there a question about “Should you always cut up other cars?” and do they fail if they answer no or depends…

Travis Bickle
    Participant

…and “now” the discussion moves on to generalising ALL taxi ( or Private Hire Drivers )
    …great.

dagg
    Participant

@CerysHughes 19874 wrote:

When i first saw this, I thought ooops this may cause a reaction.

sadly we’re not given lessons on how to describe other people and wrexham isn’t the most cosmopolitan place in the world where we see many people who aren’t from celtic or anglo saxon origin.

I just took it as somebody trying to say “it’s great that wrexham is a place were you meet people in everyday activities who are of other nationalities or different origins and speedy cars have staff that drive safely too.”

On another point, in the exam that wrexham taxi drivers must take is there a question about “Should you always cut up other cars?” and do they fail if they answer no or depends…

I think part of the exam also says do not use your indicators when you turn in to Charles Street, if you drive for Apollo taxis.

johnhoppy
    Participant

I may be from the ‘wrong’ generation, but surely there is far too much political correctness these days when describing people. If people are obviously Indian, Pakistani, or Chinese or whatever what is wrong in describing them as such. I would certainly be proud of being called Welsh wherever I am in the world, and would not be offended at being described as white.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News