Speed KILLS…..

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Speed KILLS…..

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

Instances like this just discredit the ‘Go Safe’ Campaign, and prove that these vans are only there to raise money. The Speed Awareness Course by the way is slightly more expensive than the fixed penalty, but of course you do not get the points on your licence or a conviction, and therefore do not have to advise your Insurance Company of the conviction which you have not had which will eventually save you money.

Speediecars
    Participant

In regards to previous posts, I was driving a 9 seater minibus which carries 8 passengers so the speed limit was 60mph there were no roadworks or anything just the van sitting on the bridge.

I have been driving for a long time and have only ever had one accident and really cant see how driving at 61pmh is going to kill someone or cause an accident, this whole ‘arrive alive’ issue is in my eyes nothing more than a money earner. If the ‘speed kills’ was correct then I would prefer to have been pulled over by a policeman and done a breath test and had a stiff talking to by the police as I think that is a much better approach than stupid vans which catch you and you dont know about it for weeks!

As I said before, the amount of really bad driving I encounter is unbelieveable and the worst has to be early mornings when the crazy idiots who tailgate are around but these seem to get away with it yet I am being told that 61 in a 60 is extremely dangerous!

Darlofan
    Participant

@johnhoppy 11126 wrote:

Instances like this just discredit the ‘Go Safe’ Campaign, and prove that these vans are only there to raise money. The Speed Awareness Course by the way is slightly more expensive than the fixed penalty, but of course you do not get the points on your licence or a conviction, and therefore do not have to advise your Insurance Company of the conviction which you have not had which will eventually save you money.

Not true anymore. We’ve just renewed my wife’s insurance. One of the questions was “Do you have any points, convictions or attended any speed awareness courses?” Insurance companies have cottoned on to the fact you may have no points but may have been caught speeding:rolleyes:

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Darlofan 11130 wrote:

Not true anymore. We’ve just renewed my wife’s insurance. One of the questions was “Do you have any points, convictions or attended any speed awareness courses?” Insurance companies have cottoned on to the fact you may have no points but may have been caught speeding:rolleyes:

This just confirms what we all know…..that the Insurance Companies are just a bunch of unprincipled money grabbing…….

Mike Davies
    Participant

I am lead to believe that most insurance companies are not interested in Speed awareness courses. A small number do ask for information (Admiral I believe is one). If you are affected, simply change to another insurance company.

Iceman
    Participant

@speediecars 11127 wrote:

In regards to previous posts, I was driving a 9 seater minibus which carries 8 passengers so the speed limit was 60mph there were no roadworks or anything just the van sitting on the bridge.

I have been driving for a long time and have only ever had one accident and really cant see how driving at 61pmh is going to kill someone or cause an accident, this whole ‘arrive alive’ issue is in my eyes nothing more than a money earner. If the ‘speed kills’ was correct then I would prefer to have been pulled over by a policeman and done a breath test and had a stiff talking to by the police as I think that is a much better approach than stupid vans which catch you and you dont know about it for weeks!

As I said before, the amount of really bad driving I encounter is unbelieveable and the worst has to be early mornings when the crazy idiots who tailgate are around but these seem to get away with it yet I am being told that 61 in a 60 is extremely

Was it dual carriageway then?

Iceman
    Participant

@speediecars 11127 wrote:

As I said before, the amount of really bad driving I encounter is unbelieveable and the worst has to be early mornings when the crazy idiots who tailgate are around but these seem to get away with it yet I am being told that 61 in a 60 is extremely dangerous!

Just checking because if it was not a dual carriageway, then the speed limit for your vehicle would be 50.

Iceman
    Participant

@Whitevanman 11123 wrote:

Just bringing up an old thread sorry, received a speeding ticket today off the friendly people at go safe for speeding on the a483 junction 7 at rosset, for doing the dangerous speed of 71 in a 70! The day in question was just another day the t**t was on the bridge hiding behind the trees! Happy new year to me!!!!

What type of vehicle were you driving?

Andy
    Participant

Speediecars, if you were driving a minibus on the A5 near Chirk then it is a single carriageway and your speed limit is 50 mph.

Whitevanman, your username suggests you drive a van. If your van is over 2000kg on the VIN plate then the A483 speed limit is 60 mph for you.

Iceman
    Participant

@Andy 11158 wrote:

Speediecars, if you were driving a minibus on the A5 near Chirk then it is a single carriageway and your speed limit is 50 mph.

Whitevanman, your username suggests you drive a van. If your van is over 2000kg on the VIN plate then the A483 speed limit is 60 mph for you.

Well said, I agree

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News