some voting intentions…!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum some voting intentions…!

• Author

Llayby lilly
    Participant

I see the Daily Post has canvassed the views of over 31,000 good folk and the results are very intresting. Roll on Brexit I say.

https://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/people-vote-tactically-stop-corbyn-17288959

Lilly

Matt
    Participant

All results verified by FactCheckUK.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

boo hoo Matt, your so pradictable. By the way Labour have there own ‘fact check’ service putting out utter shite, funny how you have not mentioned this?

Matt
    Participant

Wait, so you make a post on a discussion forum where all points of view are expected and typically solicited when you make a thread often ending up in a debate. Then I make a very valid satirical point calling into question the accuracy of the poll and you don’t like it?

Care to elaborate why we shouldn’t be suspicious of a “representative sample” of individuals from North Wales where only 1% state they are most bothered about the NHS.

How is there 0% of people who would vote for the Brexit Party or the Lib Dems?

There are people on this forum who have stated they will vote Brexit party and others who will vote Lib Dems and we’re a very small representative sample. So if they’d have been given the opportunity to take part in the Daily Post poll it wouldn’t have been 0%. So it doesn’t add up across the whole of North Wales.

I can accept there being an overall leaning at the moment towards Brexit in North Wales as it voted to leave in the original referendum. When we have decent threads about Brexit I attempt to put across a fairly balanced view of what I think might happen – all the different scenarios.

However, this poll is just total bullshit. I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t want people scrutinising flat out fake news.

I know you’re intelligent enough to see that this isn’t an accurate picture of what is going to happen on Election Day.

Apparently the journalist of the follow up article didn’t think to question the integrity of such a poll unless Daily Post have gone full Tory propaganda unit.

zinger
    Participant

Statistics are wonderful things.

wrexview
    Participant

Opinion polls have not just been wide of the mark in the last two Genaral Elections they weren’t even on the same page! A crystal ball would probably be more accurate!!

MargaretA
    Participant

[quote quote=177201]I see the Daily Post has canvassed the views of over 31,000 good folk and the results are very intresting. Roll on Brexit I say.

https://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/people-vote-tactically-stop-corbyn-17288959

Lilly[/quote]
    Granted my poll sample is not as big as the Daily Posts, but I haven’t yet heard one person absolutely decided which way to vote.
    My poll shows Remain voters don’t wish to vote Labour, Leavers don’t want to vote Conservative because they don’t want No deal Brexit. Many Labour voters don’t want Jeremy Corbyn! 🙁 Most totally undecided!

zinger
    Participant

Not that politics is my pet subject as I think that all the top politicians are liars these days. Was a time that they would have been chucked out if found out in a lie. Can’t trust any of them. No ordinary people I have spoken with about Brexit have changed their minds in either direction.

The same subject in a newspaper article has a very different spin depending on which paper you read so I take them all with a very large pinch of salt.

I thought that Ian Lucas, Andrew Atkinson & Carrie Harper were decent people on a personal level when speaking with them on varying issues. They all did what they thought was best for the town although different politics. Nothing to do with Brexit. On the other hand the AM’s don’t seem to do very much at all for our town or even North Wales.

I know absolutely nothing about the new lot of MPs. I might just stick a pin in the ballot paper & go with the closest.

MargaretA
    Participant

[quote quote=177218]Not that politics is my pet subject as I think that all the top politicians are liars these days. Was a time that they would have been chucked out if found out in a lie. Can’t trust any of them. No ordinary people I have spoken with about Brexit have changed their minds in either direction.

The same subject in a newspaper article has a very different spin depending on which paper you read so I take them all with a very large pinch of salt.

I thought that Ian Lucas, Andrew Atkinson & Carrie Harper were decent people on a personal level when speaking with them on varying issues. They all did what they thought was best for the town although different politics. Nothing to do with Brexit. On the other hand the AM’s don’t seem to do very much at all for our town or even North Wales.

I know absolutely nothing about the new lot of MPs. I might just stick a pin in the ballot paper & go with the closest.[/quote]
    Your experience is the same as mine dealing with Mr Lucas. I don’t know Mr Atkinson or Ms Harper so well.
    So you’re another ‘don’t know’ to add to my poll!🙂

Matt
    Participant

This is absolute dynamite. Sir Andrew Atkinson – categorically DOES NOT back Sarah Atherton to be elected MP in Wrexham.

There’s an MP4 video link here with him discussing it in interview. Shared by another local councillor so assume is safe to open.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FMjfEsUaUkp-Szsi9SvlrQQq5vKHOSc0

We’ve all given him a hard time in the past (me perhaps more so than most) – but you have to think something is very wrong there for a staunch party loyalist like Andrew to not be getting behind her 100%

There’s those of us Who are unsure of Wimbury in the Labour camp but we’re sure as hell going to try and back her all he way to Westminster.

We live in very interesting political times.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News