Solving the problem of Hospital Parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Solving the problem of Hospital Parking

• Author

Councillor X
    Participant

Surely the answer if for the lazy car park attendants to do their jobs and check tickets rather than being sat on their arses in their cabin all day.
    I regularly attend appointments at the Maelor and if lucky enough to find a parking space, watch people walking off to/ or from town (passing Morrisons) and note dozens of vehicles with no tickets against whom action is not being taken.

So my solution would be:
    – check tickets and issue fines (which can be disputed) to anyone overstaying 2 hours
    – watch people walking into town and place a ticket on their car
    – for the attendants just to be seen as their presence would make people think twice.

Without proper policing, people will just continue to take the p1$$!

jimbow
    Participant

Some of the problems I find with parking at the Maelor Hospital are.
    People arrive early(which I can understand )for fear of being late for an appointment.
    If the outpatients clinics are running late which they invariably are.You can have three vehicles in essence trying to get into the one space.You have the first patient parked up, an hour behind as the clinic is late,you have the second patient also parked up but held up in the hospital, and the third patient also parked up again waiting to be seen.Three car parking spaces being taken up by the clinic being late.

wrexview
    Participant

When the new Maelor Hospital was built, at the public consultation stage the public made representations about the lack of car parking spaces ( remember this was pre the extra parking at the rear) the experts were adamant that the future would bring less people to the proposed hospital , how wrong they were. Now we have the new LDP proposing an extra 10,000 new build homes and the largest prison in the UK opening next year, this will add substantially to,the number of people using the hospital. A land grab of the land now being developed by the fire and ambulance service has been missed. Where do,we go from here ?

Councillor X
    Participant

Very good point wrexview, the carpark could have easily been extended!

I am still of the opinion that the presence of highly visible attendants ticketing cars would stop a lot of the chancers and free up a lot of spaces. Next time you are there, count how many cars fail to display a ticket!

BenjaminM
    Participant

I am firmly of the opinion that a nominal charge should be levied for parking at the hospital complex, along with greater supervision and monitoring by dedicated parking attendants. I attend a hospital in Birmingham on a regular basis where the parking cost is £3.70 for the first 2 hours, rising incrementally up to £17 for 24 hours. This practice is common throughout NHS England hospitals.
    Everything else provided by NHS Wales is free at the point of delivery, so let us not get too hung up about poor parking arrangements if we are not willing to dip a hand into our pockets to alleviate the situation.
    No exceptions!

Darlofan
    Participant

The problem with paying is you never know how long you’re going to be there. Yes you could appeal it but imagine the fuss from everyone having to appeal. The guys in the hut are a total waste of money and space (could get another 4 parking spaces there).

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

You can park at the People’s Market and walk to the hospital …. nobody else will be using the car park to visit the (F)Arts Hub!

BenjaminM
    Participant

[quote quote=108252]The problem with paying is you never know how long you’re going to be there. Yes you could appeal it but imagine the fuss from everyone having to appeal.

[/quote]

It’s only becomes a problem if you rely on people’s honesty. A in/out barrier system with a ticketed pay station would remove that anomaly completely and would have the added bonus of deterring town workers from leaving vehicles there for the duration of the working day.
    I think that it would probably make A&E less busy too.

wxm2016
    Participant

A multistory carpark (where the runway carpark is) would save a lot of hassle. Also people who are capable of walking realising that there are parking places down the side of the hospital and allowing people who aren’t as mobile to park closer.

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=108305]A multistory carpark (where the runway carpark is) would save a lot of hassle. Also people who are capable of walking realising that there are parking places down the side of the hospital and allowing people who aren’t as mobile to park closer.

[/quote]
    Wake up WXM2016, this is Wrexham er.. 2016, people don’t give two hoots bout others when it comes to parking and a multi-storey car park would cost millions, have a word with that pillock who wants the Groves saved with a zero budget – ref balloons with white crosses on perhaps!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News