So Near Yet So Far!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum So Near Yet So Far!

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

The new Western Gateway road between Ruthin Road and Croesnewydd Road is now open and is a great improvement .Tantalising there is an entrance splay ready for access to the rear Maelor Hospital car park. However there appears to be a bit of a precipice as the road entrance is considerable higher than the car park making any access at present impossible. I wonder how long it will be before this is actually completed. A rear exit from the hospital would considerably ease the traffic problems in that area. If it was part of the Western Gateway project I am sure it would already have been done. If it is now the responsibility of Betsi Cadwaladr then we could still be waiting a long time!!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I have seen a plan of the road on the council web site and a road is planned to link to the overflow car park of the Maelor to aid the congestion on Croesnewydd Road. Will go and see if I can find it again.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

That was easier than I thought it would be.
    WCBC: Western Gateway Project

wrexview
    Participant

Thanks for the link. The intention is obvious but it doesn’t look like it is going to be completed anytime soon. Perhaps someone can through some light on the timetable.

Rondetto
    Participant

Sooner the better for me. Each time I visit the Maelor I end up parking closer to Morrisons than the actual hospital.

NJones
    Participant

They had an opportunity there to extend a road past the maelor and around the rear of morrisons.

Rondetto
    Participant

True, this should have been addresses when they thought about moving the ambulance station. Bad planning once again.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News