aeronevans1234
    Participant

there is snow in Wrexham.

dagg
    Participant

Thanks for the information, wasn’t sure what was going on. 😆☃️

CarolThomas
    Participant

The snow is great it means that my garden which I only cut the grass is now the same as my neighbour who spends £100’s every year- just wautuing to see if they get the yard brush out to brush their plastic grass!!

Nen
    Participant

One thing that’s always puzzled me…how come all the schools in the area seem to close at the first sign on snow, citing the fact that the staff can’t get there, however most factories etc manage to stay open despite also needing their staff to run them? It’s weird.

AMA Express
    Participant

I don’t recall them shutting schools, or stopping the trains and buses because of a few inches of snow when I was a lad.

paliagori
    Participant

I always got to school in Wrexham, travelling from outside of Rossett by bike and bus. Not going was never an option. It also puzzles me how many parents now have four-wheel-drive vehicles, but they seem to be the first to bale out in the bad weather.

zinger
    Participant

Whilst I understand schools higher up in Coedpoeth, Bwlchgwyn, Broughton etc., I couldn’t believe the number of schools in a 2-3 mile radius of Wrexham town centre that closed at lunch time on Friday. Do all teaching staff live in the mountains?

BenjaminM
    Participant

Yet another example of a half cocked attempt to discredit teaching staff.
    If any of the ‘contributors’ to this post had bothered to find out what must be taken into account when the decision is made to close or partially close a school, they may not have bothered to air misguided views.
    Child welfare: Children can get to and from school safely,the site is safe, there are enough staff to supervise effectively.
    Health and safety is given a high priority in law so potentially hazardous conditions such as playgrounds that have turned into an ice rink or insufficient heating can also be a factor.
    It seems to me that at this time, head teachers or a directive from WCBC have more than sufficient grounds to authorise the closure or is the real reason for the moan that it inconveniences some parents who like to offload their children for the day?

wxmlad
    Participant

Saw two dick heads throwing snowballs at cars by acton smithy on sunday

zinger
    Participant

Some of those people who ‘offload’ their children, as you call it Benjamin, are nurses, doctors, care workers & other people with responsible jobs including teachers. People who struggle to get out of work at short notice.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News