Sneaky Plaid Cymru webclip onesided

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Sneaky Plaid Cymru webclip onesided

• Author

DEREK FISHER
    Participant

It appears our beloved Council have told Councillors they are not allowed to show clips of the webcast? Looking at the Plaid Cymru clip my initial thoughts were what’s wrong with that? Then the penny dropped, it’s not balanced and it can be seen what they are doing is promoting themselves for political benefit which doesn’t surprise me in the least. The fit and proper thing would be to post a link to the webcast and let people make there own minds up. I think in this instance the Council have got it right. I can’t recall how many millions of pounds the Council have to save this year, and yet Plaid keep saying iPads iPads iPads, quiet frankly I don’t think they have got a clue. You should be ashamed of yourselves, iv never voted for Plaid in my life and this is one of the reasons why.

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

Well said! All self gratification, not seeing much advertisement from them about one of their councillors standing for election in Alun & Desside. So Plaid councillors, the saviours of public money are campaigning in another constituency whilst getting paid by Wrexham council represent the people of Wrexham! Well what a great use of council money! Showing what they really think of Wrexham, just want to be elected anywhere to have more wages funded by the tax payer!

DEREK FISHER
    Participant

Don’t get me started, it doesn’t say much for the electorate the Councillor represents dose it, it beggars belief on one hand Plaid come across they care about the electorate and on the other hand chasing the big money in the hope of winning the assembly election for Alun & Desside, It stinks. I tell you what if I lived in Caia I would feel so let. Quiet frankly I expect no more from them, shambles the lot of them.

Conde
    Participant

I just want to break this issue in to two seperate ones if I may?

1) Councillors being able to use / distribute webcast footage.
    2) Anybody selectively picking bits from the above footage to demonstrate their own points.

In response to number 1, I’m genuinely peeved. I think WCBC is missing such a trick. Supposedly the council want more non-politico’s getting involved with the council and proceedings. Let’s face it, many of us probably wouldn’t even know what’s going on without the fantastic work of Rob and Daryl (with the occasional guest star!) aka the Wrexham.com team. Why do they do such a good job engaging us? 2 reasons… 1 is the quality of the reporting ( Rob, if you see this.. you can pay me by BACS or paypal… I’m modern like that!) and 2 is the fact that it’s an online interactive platform that’s easy to use and gives people like you and me a chance to comment freely. The concept isn’t new. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Myspace, Beebo and so many more websites were created on the same premise. They allow easy access.

As for people distributing footage… I see no problem in that and it annoys me that WCBC block councillors from Tweeting, distributing video and the like… and it also annoys me that the council took away evening meetings. If I feel strongly enough to go to the guildhall about an issue, I used to be able to go freely during the evening and say my piece and lobby where required. Not that it was a common thing, but it was an option given to us. It also meant that councillors could be more diverse than the vast majority of pensioners ( nothing against pensioners what so ever, but I fully believe you need a diverse range of individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds on a council to make it effective).

In short… free up the ability to use social media as an elected representitive & WCBC shouldn’t want to hide their footage. They are public representatives. Let’s show the public how well (or not so) they do the damn job.

Second point… selectively representing the meetings.

Without looking at the footage… surely selectively representing information is something we all do, all the time, all day long. Editing or perspective – you decide. However… this is where the consumers of that information need to be sophisticated enough to check the sources. However… if your writing a book… telling a story… remembering an event.. you’re going to do it from an edited point of view. Don’t get me wrong… do I like Carrie’s views – not always… but I can’t knock her ability to send out videos.

The caveat to this is whereby the edit is very easily mis-interpreted. Slightly crude, however if anyone has a adult sensibility and wants a really easily understandable view of this in action, listen to Tim Minchin’s song Cont (or Context!).

DEREK FISHER
    Participant

Conde you missed number 3 the Plaid Cmyru candidate for the assembly elections I belive a serving councillor in Wrexham who now is in the running for the assembly and with it more money, it dosnt say much for the people she represents dose it. Mind you one of her Plaid Cmryu predecessor’s done exactly the same thing raking in 80k a year and what do we get for that, tweet tweet tweet absolutely shocking.

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

[quote quote=143429]Conde you missed number 3 the Plaid Cmyru candidate for the assembly elections I belive a serving councillor in Wrexham who now is in the running for the assembly and with it more money, it dosnt say much for the people she represents dose it. Mind you one of her Plaid Cmryu predecessor’s done exactly the same thing raking in 80k a year and what do we get for that, tweet tweet tweet absolutely shocking.[/quote]

That’s where you’re wrong Derek! We get lots of tweets and 3.58% rise in our council tax for North Wales police, very nice of the man. Should cover a few extra bottles of champagne at the next ball 👌🍾🍾🍾🍾

DEREK FISHER
    Participant

Were you also aware one of his Plaid Cymru chums had the deputy position also, I tell you they are all at it, they can have a Plaid ball every week at the tax payers expense.

Cmedson
    Participant

[Quote]That’s where you’re wrong Derek! We get lots of tweets and 3.58% rise in our council tax for North Wales police, very nice of the man. Should cover a few extra bottles of champagne at the next ball 👌🍾🍾🍾🍾[/quote]

As I’m sure you know the 3.58% rise is to do with policing costs in North Wales and absolutely nothing at all to do with Plaid Cymru. Or are you using this to score political points on an anti-Plaid rant?

Cmedson
    Participant

[quote quote=143486]Were you also aware one of his Plaid Cymru chums had the deputy position also, I tell you they are all at it, they can have a Plaid ball every week at the tax payers expense.[/quote]

Incredible that you choose to attack Plaid after the way the Tories and Labour have abused expenses over the years!

DEREK FISHER
    Participant

Cmedson Two wrong don’t make a right do they, look at the Plaid Cymru candidate hoping to become an assembly member and with it comes a very large allowance this on top of her allowance as a wrexham councillor, dosnt say much for the taxpayers or the electorate she represents dose it. I wish I could afford a three week exotic holiday like our PCC Hypocritical comes to mind.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News