Snap General Election

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Snap General Election

• Author

samDJ
    Participant

So the Prime minister has called for a snap General Election. It will be interesting to see who the candidates will be for Wrexham and what the outcome will be. The Conservatives made significant gains in Wrexham in 2015, will this trend continue?

Councillor X
    Participant

Hats off to the Tories, whether you like them, loathe them or tolerate them. There is currently no opposition for them, so why not stake their claim to another term now?

Interested
    Participant

Conservative Andrew Atkinson
    Plaid’s Carrie Harper and Marc Jones
    Lib Dem’s Rob Walsh

All previous candidates, all wannabe career politicians. So the question is will they stand again? If so what impact does that have on the local elections and does it mean they would need to step down to become a candidate for the National elections? Anybody know the answer?

Personally believe that this has been called 12 months too early for the Conservatives. I think or hope Labour retain Wrexham and Clwyd South. As a past Conservative voter I would now rather walk on glass than vote for them. The under funding and covert privatisation of the NHS, austerity cuts whilst maintaining fat cat bonuses etc. Etc. But we will see what the people of Wrexham want.

Interested
    Participant

Motive behind the Snap Genereal Election? Obvious, Conservatives know that the Brexit deal will not be good and they envisage real problems in parliament and from growing discontent from the masses. Best way to offset that….call an election now before it hits, secure a mandate from the people early so that this can be used as a stick to beat parliament. Just my opinion and I’m no expert.

davojo
    Participant

The thought of Jeremy Corbyn in charge of the country should be enough to stop anyone from voting Labour!

Interested
    Participant

Lmao….bring on more austerity, and a very poor Brexit deal then. It won’t affect us…..will it? I’m not a Corbyn supporter but I feel that another 5 years of this Conservative regime is unthinkable. But do understand your point. We will see what Mr Corbyn responds with and then it’s up to us the public to vote.

Interested
    Participant

Just thought, another couple of wannabe career politicians

Lib Dem’s Aled Roberts

And didn’t Baines from Llangollen stand previously? All standing as County Councillor candidates at the moment.

Rex Ham
    Participant

I suspect this “reluctant” decision is more about strengthening the tory grip on power.

She has said this is to strengthen her hand in negotiations and to bring stability within the palace of Westminster. Why? she got her article 50 trigger through. If she and the government negotiate a decent deal, what’s her problem?

If Mrs May can change her mind on this, what else can she change her mind on? I am mindful of all that “equality” rhetoric she spouted on entering No. 10.

Sloth
    Participant

Sixteen years of Lucas, sixteen years of decline. Labour have clearly been failing this town for a long time, both in Parliament and at a local government level. Given the desperate situation Wrexham is now in, perhaps it’s time for something new? As far as I’m concerned, we can’t continue to head down this path, we need change.

Sloth
    Participant

Also, Labour are currently run by a nutter, which makes my decision to abandon them even easier.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

MMA Event coming to north east Wales this weekend!

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans for new studio flat above Wrexham fast food restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News