Smoke-Free Hospital grounds

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Smoke-Free Hospital grounds

• Author

parkingmad
    Participant

I use to see my a@@@ when my daughter was in Christies, patients outside drip in one hand cigarette in the other hand.
    I thought you dickheads you are in Christies for a reason, and cigarettes could be one of them.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=149883]

This thread reeks of holier than thou.

Is that less than holy smell of stale smoke coming from you IMHO?

Actually he looks like Nen: [/quote]

Non smoker here; i dislike the holier than thou ban it brigade is all.

People are human and you should not forget that.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

[quote quote=149912]

Actually he looks like Nen:

People are human and you should not forget that.[/quote]

IMHO, I do see your point but look at comments such as parkingmad. Do you want to see patients outside the main door smoking at ANY hospital, never mind a Cancer hospital? Don’t forget that Wrexham has Shooting Stars for cancer patients!
    They have a drag then drag their sad poorly asses back to their beds, smelling of smoke and its just not pleasant for patients and staff. They should put up a smoking shed and make the sad asses walk to it just outside the complex. That’s good physiotherapy!

Another point is hospital staff that go out in their uniforms for a puff and come back in stinkin’ to care for patients …

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

[quote quote=149887]There should be a fenced off smoking field, populated with vicious dogs.

The health benefits of being chased by angry animals cannot be overstated.[/quote]

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=149912]

People are human and you should not forget that.[/quote]

Just think how good the world would be if everyone was like you, staunchly upright, pure in thought and deed, mindful, right thinking doesn’t upset anyone et al. Yawn. As i said, holier than thou.

By the way, have any of you noticed just how bad the world is? Death and destruction abounds and all you lot can bang on about is banning smoking. Well done you!

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=149931]

Just think how good the world would be if everyone was like you, staunchly upright, pure in thought and deed, mindful, right thinking doesn’t upset anyone et al. Yawn. As i said, holier than thou.

By the way, have any of you noticed just how bad the world is? Death and destruction abounds and all you lot can bang on about is banning smoking. Well done you![/quote]

Well said IMHO but unfortunately this opinion will have no credence with the Politically Correct, Liberal, tea candle lighting (that will solve everything) brigade as I like to call them, again back to the topic, I say this as a non smoker now for the last ten years, but previously a smoker for over 30 years.

Hugh Bet
    Participant

[quote quote=149949]

By the way, have any of you noticed just how bad the world is? Death and destruction abounds and all you lot can bang on about is banning smoking. Well done you!

Well said IMHO but unfortunately this opinion will have no credence with the Politically Correct, Liberal, tea candle lighting (that will solve everything) brigade as I like to call them, again back to the topic, I say this as a non smoker now for the last ten years, but previously a smoker for over 30 years.[/quote]

Matt
    Participant

I do actually feel bad for smokers these days, cigarettes hidden away so they have to play a game of guess if you have the brand in stock behind the closed barriers. Richmond Lights – is that the brand with the tumour bursting out of the throat or the one with the man coughing up blood?

Government think they are doing smokers a favour by putting on these horrific images as a deterrent whilst laughing all the way to the bank with their billions in duties on tobacco products.

Most smokers these days are polite and considerate where they smoke due to its social stigma – I find that especially so if you have children with you.

I’d say if after the cost hurdles, stigma, deterrents, bans, lectures etc… most smokers who were going to quit would have done so by now. They make their own health decisions like the rest of us. It’s a fairly safe bet that effects of passive smoking have been mitigated in public places – so those worrying about 5 seconds of smoke contact are being a bit precious.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=149951]I do actually feel bad for smokers these days, cigarettes hidden away so they have to play a game of guess if you have the brand in stock behind the closed barriers. Richmond Lights – is that the brand with the tumour bursting out of the throat or the one with the man coughing up blood?

Government think they are doing smokers a favour by putting on these horrific images as a deterrent whilst laughing all the way to the bank with their billions in duties on tobacco products.

Most smokers these days are polite and considerate where they smoke due to its social stigma – I find that especially so if you have children with you.

I’d say if after the cost hurdles, stigma, deterrents, bans, lectures etc… most smokers who were going to quit would have done so by now. They make their own health decisions like the rest of us. It’s a fairly safe bet that effects of passive smoking have been mitigated in public places – so those worrying about 5 seconds of smoke contact are being a bit precious.[/quote]

Again all valid points, but one thing still intrigues me as to why there are still so many teenagers still taking it up, and of course the price has no relevance to them as they never knew the time when the cost of 20 fags was under a shilling !!

Hugh Bet
    Participant

[quote quote=149897]I do have sympathy regarding the difficulty of smoking but whilst it is not seen as being as addictive as smoking drugs the emphasis will never be put on it– big capitalist companies making millions and Governments collecting Millions – where is the incentive for this two bodies to make a difference and ban the product.[/quote]

Simple way to get a product banned is to show a marine mammal being killed by it on the BBc’s Blue Planet and suddenly the world wakes up ………..

So Flipper has to die but its a calculated risk!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News