Sioppa Hoppa

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Sioppa Hoppa

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I totally agree with this idea. I have limited time to shop during my lunch hour so have to plan my route ahead. If the shops I need are too far apart I have to do one a day and there is no time left for a coffee!

Sam
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 6207 wrote:

I think a shopping corridor is a good idea. The problem is most of the buildings are privately owned and then their is the question of rates for a half emptu building. If that can sorted out, I think it would help the town no end.

I didn’t say my plan would be easy, but it’s the best solution I can see.
    Regroup the shops into a nucleus, this should make shopping in Wrexham a better experience, therefore greater numbers coming here which in turn attracts more stores / shops.
    This is regeneration.
    Providing a shuttle bus was just like putting a sticking plaster on your knee. Whilst it was highly visible and served a small purpose, you knew it was going to fall off and leave a horrible mess for all to see.

wrexview
    Participant

It is losing money and is not well used so it has to go. They have missed a golden opportunity by not experimenting with the route. It failed because it did not bring enough people into the centre, therefore the route should have been altered. What would have happened if they included the hospital, university and the four main supermarkets on the route on a Hop On Hop Off service?

Rondetto
    Participant

Totally agree, they should have experimented with different routes before scrapping the service.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

The Council should have posted on here before the meeting to decide on the fate of the bus service. We could have given them an idea or two to try before scrapping the service!

Sam
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 6234 wrote:

The Council should have posted on here before the meeting to decide on the fate of the bus service. We could have given them an idea or two to try before scrapping the service!

That would be boarding on democracy ! Everyday People contributing to decisions that may effect us. It’ll never catch on!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Drat! And I thought it was a good idea. Back to the drawing board then :rolleyes:

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Sam;6236 wrote:
    That would be boarding on democracy ! Everyday People contributing to decisions that may effect us. It’ll never catch on!

on perhaps if they had a real consultation process!!!

I personally feel they should pay the grant back!

Sam
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 6262 wrote:

on perhaps if they had a real consultation process!!!

I personally feel they should pay the grant back!

But would a real democratic consultation take away from the mystic of decision making of the WCBC ?
    How would certain members justify their ‘large’ salary or certain committees justify their existence if input from the masses was deemed ‘worthy’ ?
    Re Payback, When was the last time any civil servant paid back monies they had gained through ‘their misinformed decisions’ ?

BTW, I’m in agreement with your 2 points, shame not many people do.

Rob
    Participant

The Shoppa Hoppa was in response to the town centre forum I think.

One other thing that caused fuss in the dead tree press was the beach, again from the Town Centre Forum.

They have a meeting at 08.30 on Tuesday if anyone is thinking of going.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News