Signing of Co-operation Protocol

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Signing of Co-operation Protocol

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Historically all important documents were signed by the incumbent Mayor. When was it changed to the Leader of the Council ?

Councillor X
    Participant

I hate to Labour a point but without designated parking where would Councillors and delegates have parked? Drive around for hours to look for a place to park or put them by the Bingo hall and make them walk in the rain?

R T
    Keymaster

A good question, and Wrexham Council have said: “The document signed is an operational document between the Council and the Portuguese Government. As such it is an executive decision. The Mayor is the Civic Head which is a non-political role with no ability to take decisions binding on the Council. In order to bind the Local Authority it needed to be signed by the duly elected Leader of the Council as Chair of the Executive Board.”

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=143978]I hate to Labour a point but without designated parking where would Councillors and delegates have parked? Drive around for hours to look for a place to park or put them by the Bingo hall and make them walk in the rain?[/quote]

Now they’re unable to walk in the rain? Good grief, our councillors must be delicate little flowers. If they’re not capable of planning ahead to allow enough time to find a parking spot for a pre-arranged photo opportunity, then I dread to think how badly they make plans on behalf of the council.

I wonder how the photographer managed to get there on time, or the journalist. Do they have designated parking?

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=143978]I hate to Labour a point but without designated parking where would Councillors and delegates have parked? Drive around for hours to look for a place to park or put them by the Bingo hall and make them walk in the rain?[/quote]

How would Councillors get on if they had an appointment at the local Hospital. I would feel sorry for them driving around for hours looking for a place to park.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=143984]A good question, and Wrexham Council have said: “The document signed is an operational document between the Council and the Portuguese Government. As such it is an executive decision. The Mayor is the Civic Head which is a non-political role with no ability to take decisions binding on the Council. In order to bind the Local Authority it needed to be signed by the duly elected Leader of the Council as Chair of the Executive Board.”[/quote]

Was this agreement to enter into this binding arrangement with the Portuguese Government brought before the Executive Board. I may be wrong , but I have not seen a web cast with this being reported on.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=143995]
    How would Councillors get on if they had an appointment at the local Hospital. I would feel sorry for them driving around for hours looking for a place to park.[/quote]

Surely they’d go private, where there are always plenty of parking spaces.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=143998]

How would Councillors get on if they had an appointment at the local Hospital. I would feel sorry for them driving around for hours looking for a place to park.

Surely they’d go private, where there are always plenty of parking spaces.

[/quote]

Damn me AMA Express I forgot they do a lot of things in private.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=143997]

A good question, and Wrexham Council have said: “The document signed is an operational document between the Council and the Portuguese Government. As such it is an executive decision. The Mayor is the Civic Head which is a non-political role with no ability to take decisions binding on the Council. In order to bind the Local Authority it needed to be signed by the duly elected Leader of the Council as Chair of the Executive Board.”

Was this agreement to enter into this binding arrangement with the Portuguese Government brought before the Executive Board. I may be wrong , but I have not seen a web cast with this being reported on.[/quote]

Feb 2017 – http://moderngov.wrexham.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=129&MId=3396 bizarrely item 105 on that although there are not 100 odd items!

This is the PDF report that was approved http://moderngov.wrexham.gov.uk/documents/s7535/Item%209.pdf that also contains a copy of the Protocol

Interestingly that report reads: “Subject to the approval of the Executive Board, the Co-operation Protocol will be signed at a formal ceremony in Wrexham [b]by the Mayor of Wrexham on behalf of the Council[/b] and a representative of the Portuguese Government.”

jimbow
    Participant

Surely the Mayor being the Civic Head of the Council should sign the document. It has been passed by the Executive Board and the Mayor is the representative of the town.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News