Short changing wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Short changing wrexham

• Author

PhilWynn
    Participant

@DerekJackson 17664 wrote:

I’ve been told that Clr Wynn has been reprimanded by the Leader and other members of the Independents because he dared to start this thread. I hope this is not the case – I might not agree with some of his views but admire him for bringing the issue into the public domain- he hasn’t however made any posts to respond on this thread since the 6th.
    Can Wrexham.com get a statement from Clr Wynn?

Derek – apologies for not posting sooner but I was at the the Homestead Residents Group meeting on Wednesday till gone 9pm, followed up with emails to various agencies regarding a number of worrying burglaries in the area. On Thursday I was in work during the day and at the Offa Community Council meeting that evening till gone 10pm. Back in work on the Friday and that evening was spent baby sitting for family whilst firing off a number of emails. This Saturday morning has been spent on ward work, whilst this afternoon I took my Dad to the Stockport/Wrexham game, returning at 6.30pm to a number of calls off ward residents.

This evening I have started reading the lengthy Executive Board report, which is to be followed up with the Life-Long Scrutiny Report and the Housing Scrutiny Report.

As such I hope you will bear with as I do plan to comment further on the thread discussion you have commented on.

For the record I am not aware that the Leader is following the thread I have commenced and if he is then I am sure he holds the wisdom not to rebuke me for engaging with fellow Wrexhamites on wrexham.com

Cllr Phil Wynn

DerekJackson
    Participant

Really glad that you are back on line and not being gagged– best of luck with your 200 page Executive Report- I read most on Thursday and got lost with a lot of the excessive detail that is included . The length of these reports is becoming ridiculous and clearly needs to be addressed at one of our Chair of Scrutiny meetings in the near future.

Sheefag
    Participant

So, you made it all up then Derek?

I’ve been told that Clr Wynn has been reprimanded by the Leader and other members of the Independents because he dared to start this thread. I hope this is not the case – I might not agree with some of his views but admire him for bringing the issue into the public domain- he hasn’t however made any posts to respond on this thread since the 6th.

DerekJackson
    Participant

No it was not made up I had been asked in Town this afternoon by one of the regular contributors to these threads who has business interests in the future of the area.

Sheefag
    Participant

Aye, course he did.
    Why didn’t this ‘regular contributor to these threads who has business interests in the future of the area’, ask himself?

Sheefag
    Participant

And this ‘Regular Contributor / businessperson’ made up the uncorroborated statement that…
    ‘Clr Wynn has been reprimanded by the Leader and other members of the Independents because he dared to start this thread.’

He’s a bit of a lad, eh?

johnhoppy
    Participant

From what I have seen of the televised proceedings of the council meetings the Chair does not want much free thinking contributions from members of the council who are not members of the executive.

Sheefag
    Participant

From what I’ve seen of Wrexham’s local government, it’s all about petty squabbles between tawdry, little cabals and the people of Wrexham always come out last.

Shame on Wrexham’s Councillors, shame on them all and their medieval, Balkan thinking.

DerekJackson
    Participant

I hope Wrexham.com does not follow the Wrexham Leader by conducting a Poll on whether Wrexham and Flintshire should merge. Certainly not until all of the information is available to give people the FULL picture on this issue. t present most people who vote on such a poll will do so based on emotional attachment to a name rather than the hard facts.
    The ind of information that would clearly influence a decision would be how a merger or how remaining separate will effect the individual Community Charge, or how the frequency of refuse collection could change, or the position of the respective authorities are in the various service league tables.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Pill as you seem to be genuine in your approach on this thread could you provide us with the following–
    1. How much money have the consultants said they will save WCBC?
    2. ow much of this total had already been identified by WCBC Managers – prior to the consultants starting work?
    3. Will the consultants be paid on the total amount of savings implemented or just on the element that they have actually identified themselves?

This is a vital piece of the jigsaw as there is a massive risk that you will pay twice for work alredy identified by internal staff.. why was this info mising from the report to the Executive.

A 10:1 saving means that on £50 million you need to identify £55 million of cuts to arrive at your £50 million.

The largest level of cuts will come from staff reduction yet non of the information yet has included redundancy costs even though the Leader of the Council has said 1200 jobs to go — another major falling in your Executive officers and Lead Member…

This all smacks of the same gross incompetence that existed wit the development of the ‘Super schools’ wen Wrexham lost more than £20 million due to Letters of Intent being issued to contractors– the Cunci was warned tgen by the Wales Audit Office and this is going the same way.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News

A view from Sam Rowlands – Welsh Conservative North Wales Member of the Senedd

News

“It is not for local authorities to fund local or national print media”, says Senedd committee

News

Over 6,000 illegal vapes seized in Wrexham in Trading Standards crackdown

News

Former First Minister Mark Drakeford honoured as one of the “Covid heroes”

News