Shops closing

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Shops closing

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

According to the Guardian some of Peacocks loans have an interest rate of 17 %.I wonder which bank is charging that rate ?

wrexview
    Participant

Looks like Peacocks had borrowed £1 for every £1 in sales according to today’s Sunday Times. Some better news is that there is interest in some parts of the business, hope the Wrexham store is included !

wrexview
    Participant

Bonmache has been sold which is good news but some of their shops will still close, so it is hold you breathe time!

Liam
    Participant

Does anyone know when Sugar Cane went? Only noticed on Saturday that it had closed.

Cleverblobs
    Participant

I was in town Friday so i have only just noticed it had closed as well. Sugacane is a franchise with many other locations shame ours is shut. I never even set foot inside the place to be honest.

Bon Marche got closing down signs in the window so we need Peacocks to be sorted out soon to keep the Wrexham store open.

Does anybody know where Cash Converters will open in town? It has jobs advertising on the Job centre website.

Liam
    Participant

Popped past Bon Marche today and both there and the clothing store (formerly D2 Jeans) next door had closing down signs in the windows.

wrexview
    Participant

Wrexham has been badly hit by shop closures since christmas, Peacocks is now added to an ever growing list. Hope this is the last.

Liam
    Participant

Any news on Bon Marche lately? Looks hopeful given how long its been kept open.

thomas.buckler
    Participant

I noticed on the BBC news site that in the list of closures it says Wrexham (relocation) to me suggesting that it isn’t closing, does anyone know anymore about this?

Rob
    Participant

I asked KPMG and they said it would be ‘closing’, will follow up to find out more!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News