Shops closing

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Shops closing

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    NJones;4057 wrote:
    I’m not sure an objection based on the fact that there are other shops they could use would be taken seriously by the planning committee.

completely understand the feeling of helplessness, that is how the councillors manipulate. Someone should say everytime the council uses the welsh assembly as an excuse a baby bunny rabbit dies.

if the planning committee don’t take it seriously campaign to vote them out. just like the mp expenses, just because there are no laws saying its wrong doesn’t mean the councillors should get off scot-free.

it is the electorate that should rule the system not the other way round.

But is it a coincidence that all supermarkets for the last 6 years, have all been built in the democratic independents wards. (they all used to be lib dems.)

wxm
    Participant

The worst thing we did was build Eaglesmeadow. The town has spread across a big area, when we couldn’t afford what we’ve got. Look at Grosvenor Road today, half of it is boarded up. And we lost the old markets that today they are trying to build in every town of Wrexham’s size.

Instead of meddling in what companies want to do, local people should be left to start and open their own businesses as they want to. There are not many local businesses any more, the heart has been ripped out of the town, and national companies are being encouraged to take spots in the town because they are on certain roads, or near to a certain number of houses.

It is not the place of councils or councillors to tell people how to run businesses, if they could do that, they wouldn’t be in the council. The council should take a break for a year, and let the people of Wrexham get on with it!

zinger
    Participant

Would there be any value in a few small enterprising businesses getting together to share a shop & therefore overheads? Perhaps one or two full days a week. taking enquiries for other members who are there the other days. Start very small allowing room for growth. Or am I talking rubbish? No thought gone into it just an idea that flitted into my head.

wxm
    Participant

I would put 5 or 10 thousand into a shop or market stall with others to start with. We would need critical mass / footfall of the number of shoppers to make it work, and those shoppers would need to want to come into Wrexham, and want to keep coming back. The right rent in the right place, and the right rates, say for 3 years, would get it started? Along with the right product.

Alunh
    Participant

@zinger 4135 wrote:

Would there be any value in a few small enterprising businesses getting together to share a shop & therefore overheads? Perhaps one or two full days a week. taking enquiries for other members who are there the other days. Start very small allowing room for growth. Or am I talking rubbish? No thought gone into it just an idea that flitted into my head.

I am going to do this very thing. If anyone has an interest, express it now!!!

wxm
    Participant

I know someone who might, will ask.

jamie-jbit
    Participant

I could well be interested in sharing a space with other businesses if the price and location was right. Contact me via the website live chat or email etc on there
    Computer & Laptop Repair Wrexham | JBIT | IT Support | PC & Mac Repair

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Have just read in the article on here that Thomas Cook and Dreams might be the next to go. There will be little left on Central Retail Park. What I don’t understand is why build three new retail units next to the existing retail park when it’s almost empty. Why not utilise what is already there? Surely someone on the Council has a bit of common sense?

lazyjack
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 4261 wrote:

Surely someone on the Council has a bit of common sense?

Council and common sense do not normally get mentioned in the same sentence………

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@lazyjack 4266 wrote:

Council and common sense do not normally get mentioned in the same sentence………

Oops! Grammatical error on my part lol

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News