Shops closing

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Shops closing

• Author

angryShopper
    Participant

What can one person do… This is a hard point.

Well firstly I vote, now that should be something I’m pissed off about people who don’t vote and then bitch. the problem with wrexham is labour get something like 50% of a vote (give or take a percentage change year on year) and while I think they are more a party of the people and thus better for the area, they are not so much a party of business, and that’s what we need right now, wrexham will never change from this 50% for a long time, while the memories of the mines are still here, while poverty is still here, but I think that allows people to become complacent. so I can’t really change anything with a vote, whom ever i give it to, a labour MP and a labour council will remain.

Could i try and set up a project to education and help people in the area… no, there is too much red tape, costs, insurance, H&S etc etc, no way can this be done, maybe if I had money to throw at the problem but I don’t, do u ? – i’m sure the religious groups in town help out, but that’s limited to those with a faith or want faith built into support.

The listed buildings point… yes there are some nice buildings on grovsner road, but IF we sorted out parking would they all require the huge carparks out front? You rarly see a building n a city centre with parking outfont, it’s either underground or offsite, I’m not suggesting we dig out under the buildings to create parking (it’s very possible to do this) but we need to decide wht we need and what we dont, hightown, / town hill and belview park all those homes are coverd by welsh herritage, (again because of links to mine workers) fantastic, but against roads rail and a runways, do we need them all? the link roads between tesco and yale college are good, but they stop dead into traffic, be it high town, or rhosdu*

Imagine the job creation, if my changes are 75m£ if you kept that to local companies, made sure it was local jobs, that’s 75m£ essentially being spent in the car dealers, hair dressors and cafe’s of the town, people have proved that after a layoff in a town (such as shutting down of a factory etc the local area get’s a boost as people have a treat before the bad times, if people are taken on locally, get a boost in cash on a short term projet such as putting in roads, the money should filter back into the local pot?

The moving of the fire and police would be such a good thing, that entire wrexham larger commerical estate is dead, what is there could move to island green

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3724 wrote:
    What can one person do… This is a hard point.

Well firstly I vote, now that should be something I’m pissed off about people who don’t vote and then bitch. the problem with wrexham is labour get something like 50% of a vote (give or take a percentage change year on year) and while I think they are more a party of the people and thus better for the area, they are not so much a party of business, and that’s what we need right now, wrexham will never change from this 50% for a long time, while the memories of the mines are still here, while poverty is still here, but I think that allows people to become complacent. so I can’t really change anything with a vote, whom ever i give it to, a labour MP and a labour council will remain.

Could i try and set up a project to education and help people in the area… no, there is too much red tape, costs, insurance, H&S etc etc, no way can this be done, maybe if I had money to throw at the problem but I don’t, do u ? – i’m sure the religious groups in town help out, but that’s limited to those with a faith or want faith built into support.

The listed buildings point… yes there are some nice buildings on grovsner road, but IF we sorted out parking would they all require the huge carparks out front? You rarly see a building n a city centre with parking outfont, it’s either underground or offsite, I’m not suggesting we dig out under the buildings to create parking (it’s very possible to do this) but we need to decide wht we need and what we dont, hightown, / town hill and belview park all those homes are coverd by welsh herritage, (again because of links to mine workers) fantastic, but against roads rail and a runways, do we need them all? the link roads between tesco and yale college are good, but they stop dead into traffic, be it high town, or rhosdu*

Imagine the job creation, if my changes are 75m£ if you kept that to local companies, made sure it was local jobs, that’s 75m£ essentially being spent in the car dealers, hair dressors and cafe’s of the town, people have proved that after a layoff in a town (such as shutting down of a factory etc the local area get’s a boost as people have a treat before the bad times, if people are taken on locally, get a boost in cash on a short term projet such as putting in roads, the money should filter back into the local pot?

The moving of the fire and police would be such a good thing, that entire wrexham larger commerical estate is dead, what is there could move to island green

again you are being a lazy bum, you have again not said what YOU are going to do to make the town better.

You are lazy.

angryShopper
    Participant

Well what would YOU suggest? What can ONE person do? I vote to elect people who are supposed to take care of this shit, they are lazy by proxy !

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3733 wrote:
    Well what would YOU suggest? What can ONE person do? I vote to elect people who are supposed to take care of this shit, they are lazy by proxy !

The first thing you could to is set an example to kids and not swear.

I’m not surprised that someone else has to give you suggestions on what you can do for your town, because that shows laziness.

just voting is the lazy option. if there is something you feel strongly about organise a group and lobby for change, whether be it the council or the new police commissioner.

if you think that all shop assistants in wrexham have bad customer skills, why don’t you volunteer your services to teach them?

If you think there is too much crime organise a neighbourhood watch scheme, volunteer to be a special or become one of straw’s specials.

The list is endless, stop complaining and ACT to make the things you complain about better.

complaining and doing nothing is just being bone idle.

angryShopper
    Participant

the police commissioner election was a joke, did you see the turn out! why on earth didn’t they mail drop, rather than saying go online to find out, I really don’t think they should have done that! but that’s another story.

because as I said people don’t seem to want change, when was this last time wrexham didn’t have a labour MP? was it ever? certainly wasn’t in my lifetime i’d bet!

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3738 wrote:
    the police commissioner election was a joke, did you see the turn out! why on earth didn’t they mail drop, rather than saying go online to find out, I really don’t think they should have done that! but that’s another story.

because as I said people don’t seem to want change, when was this last time wrexham didn’t have a labour MP? was it ever? certainly wasn’t in my lifetime i’d bet!

having spent the majority of the last four years in spain. if you want something done, organise and do it yourself.

but if you thought the police commisioner elections were a joke, were was your action? where were you campaigning against it?

If you think the electoral system is unfair on other politicial parties in wrexham, are you campaigning against it?

if nobody acts, everything will always stay the same…meaning you are responsible for it staying the same. you are to blame for being lazy.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Is it lazy or it is fear of failure. I have never missed a vote in my life and I vote with my conscience not always with party affiliation. I actually read the party political brochures that drop through my letter box and make my choice. I dont think I have either the courage or know how to organise any sort of movement. I guess I, along with many other Wrexham people, suffer from apathy. We want to see change but we dont want to be the person responsible for making the changes. We use our vote in the hope that the elected officials will be able to perfom the tasks we feel unable to perform. It’s a huge responsibility and by and large it’s a thankless task. When they make suggestions they are ridiculed and shot down in flames before the ideas ever come to fruitition. I often wonder why they even try but that is their chosen profession so they put the ideas out there time and time again. I have no answer to Wrexhams problems as I lack the imagination needed but at least i am honest enough to admit my short comings!

Sam
    Participant

Apathy. I absolutely hate that word and all it stands for.
    Sorry, the UK citizens as a whole seem to be turning into dolly the sheep.
    You only have to look at our cream, the so called ‘best’ we have too offer, politicians.
    Where has our backbone gone ?
    Oh dear, we seem to have gone full circle back to Broken Britain again.

If you want change, really want it, you’ll find half a dozen like minded people, there you go, you’ve formed a war cabinet. Enlist more members, you have an army. Shout loud enough, you have a revolution !

Well that’s the theory anyway.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Welsh Dresser;3757 wrote:
    Is it lazy or it is fear of failure. I have never missed a vote in my life and I vote with my conscience not always with party affiliation. I actually read the party political brochures that drop through my letter box and make my choice. I dont think I have either the courage or know how to organise any sort of movement. I guess I, along with many other Wrexham people, suffer from apathy. We want to see change but we dont want to be the person responsible for making the changes. We use our vote in the hope that the elected officials will be able to perfom the tasks we feel unable to perform. It’s a huge responsibility and by and large it’s a thankless task. When they make suggestions they are ridiculed and shot down in flames before the ideas ever come to fruitition. I often wonder why they even try but that is their chosen profession so they put the ideas out there time and time again. I have no answer to Wrexhams problems as I lack the imagination needed but at least i am honest enough to admit my short comings!

Spot on. I don’t think you or anybody lacks the imagination, but everybody suffers from apathy including the councillors & council staff. Sticking your head above the parapit and acting is scary and as a culture we have sayings like ‘he’s got too big for his boots’ to keep us from raising our heads..

In a nation were there are millions of votes for x factor and big brother, it will amaze me if councillors’ roles are to be the same in twenty years time as they are now. In 20 years time, I think we will be closer to direct democracy at local level with councillors deciding on the wording of each individual issue that we as the electorate vote on rather than voting on it themselves. Of course that doesn’t help wrexham’s retail crisis now.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

To be honest I am not a shouter. I hate being the centre of attention, it scares the bejeebers out of me. The very thought of standing up and trying to rally people would make me turn into a pile of tounge tied jelly.

If you want to start a revolution I would definitely have to stay in the background. I make a mean brew if that’s any help.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor