Shoplifting down in Wrexham town centre

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Shoplifting down in Wrexham town centre

• Author

Liam
    Participant

I’ve just got back from a Wrexham Town Centre Forum meeting, where it was revealed that shoplifting has taken a sharp decline in the town. Figures were down 27% in May and 17% in June year on year. I know police get things wrong quite often and shoplifting is only one end of the crime spectrum but I thought this was positive news. Another thing the local inspector told us is that they have been handing out a lot of section 27 notices to remove people under the influence of drugs and alcohol from the town centre. The improvements were put down to an increased police presence and with a further 5 PCSOs dedicated to the town centre planned, surely this can only be a good thing.

What do others think?

NJones
    Participant

Could well be due to shop owners not wanting to lose stock in these harder times and being more likely to challenge possible shop lifters. Is there any evidence to suggest the figures are down as a result of police activity or other activity. Surely the figures relate only to reported crime.

lazyjack
    Participant

Probably because there’s not much worth stealing in the shops that are left in the town centre.

paul bearer
    Participant

There are still shops open to steal from?

RubyMilkyChops
    Participant

Have to say that the lack of OPEN shops has probably contributed to the downturn. Seems less Police than ever in town now.

Born Acorn
    Participant

We’ve had a few closures in the past year, but I don’t think there’s been a 27% decrease in businesses! There is still a fall in shoplifting which is a good thing.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News