Security at wrexham ind estate

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Security at wrexham ind estate

• Author

ASH TYRES
    Participant

Ash tyres as a business located on the wrexham ind estate we would welcome a more high visibility presence on the estate 247 fro local police or combined private security.we now have illegal residents and security is important.we would welcome any ideas and fully support any forward motion for the future.

cmaj76
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more, I work for a company on the estate and we have had members of the travelling community blatently driving on to our yard getting out and looking in our skips and then driving away in the middle of the day.

It’s a great concern that there appears to be very little police presence particularly at night and at the weekend when issues could occur without anyone noticing.

KKOB
    Participant

If the Police and Combined Security Services aren’t giving the support or service that you need, then perhaps you and other companies in the same position should look elsewhere?

ASH TYRES
    Participant

@KKOB 2378 wrote:

If the Police and Combined Security Services aren’t giving the support or service that you need, then perhaps you and other companies in the same position should look elsewhere?

hi kkob.
    sorry i maybe slow but could you explain in which way to “look elsewhere”?are you suggesting other tyres of security options or are you saying to consider relocation as resorting to this for these reasons should not have to be an option and could I would imagine be an unreachable goal for a number of reasons some of which would include cost,logistics and other site availability limitations etc etc etc.
    we have installed a monitored security system and pay a nominal fee to a private security company which seems to work but is at a hi cost as an overhead.we are thinking of some new ideas ref a security group that companies on the estate are able to join for a nominal fee and receive more benefits at a much lower cost for being a security group member.if you have more ideas or info please let us know.:)
    thanks
    ash tyres
    01978 661166

KKOB
    Participant

When I said look elsewhere I certainly didn’t mean that you should consider moving.

I’m not sure whether you’re under any constraints regarding security on the estate. Do the terms of your lease allow you to bring any other security services onto the estate or are Combined the nominated company ? Have you spoken to the estate managers about your security concerns? Have you spoken to your insurers about your concerns? Have you spoken to other businesses about the possibility of forming a security group ?

I’m a licenced SIA (Security Industry Authority) Guard & Door Supervisor and also a former Logistics Company Owner so I do understand the problems that you’re facing. If you need any help in finding or setting up a security group don’t hesitate to get in touch via PM.

ASH TYRES
    Participant

thanks for the swift reply.
    will contact you later and go from there.

michellecook
    Participant

Did see two police cars complete with officers by Websters on the estate at about 5.45 ish ths evening. Couldn’t see what they were doing as was driving past at the time. Unusual to see two cars together though, normally only see them stationary when they are trying to catch speeders :rolleyes:

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News