Scrap Betsi Cadwaladr and Start Again

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Scrap Betsi Cadwaladr and Start Again

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

I am extremely pleased that BCUHB has been removed from special measures and placed in the targeted intervention category for ongoing support.
    It is a credit to the organisation as a whole that significant improvements have been made.

I do however take issue with the assertion made by opposition parties that it is a ploy, ahead of the forthcoming Assembly election scheduled for Spring 2021. Where is there evidence for this?

It appears to be rather opportunistic considering it is not just the Health Minister but also the Chief Exec NHS Wales, Health Care Inspectorate and Audit Wales who reached this conclusion.

JaneJ makes a sweeping statement that “there is so much evidence about from staff that are scared to go into work because of such poor practices” This bald statement is anecdotal at best, if there is such evidence, where is it?

Yes, there may well have been managerial failings in the past but that does not detract from the excellent services provided at the front line.

My only criticism of the NHS provision in North Wales is that it covers such a large geographical area, and because of this, expenditure is likely to be higher. I would like for it to be made into 2 distinct Health Authorities, but this is at the gift of the Welsh Parliament, not something than be contemplated or achieved locally.

And as an afterthought, change the name of BCUHB to something that is more geographically identifiable!

JaneJ
    Participant

Benjamin I am not aware of anyone raising issues over care. If you would like yo know about my sweeping statement about staff concerns ask Bcu how many whistleblowing cases in past 12 months or the very many staff who have left hospitals in North Wales in fear of what is going on. A Google search will find many examples.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News