School’s Uniform Policy Results in Letters Sent Home

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum School’s Uniform Policy Results in Letters Sent Home

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

Well done to Ysgol Clywedog for taking a strong & consistent approach with their School’s Uniform Policy. No pupil has been sent home yet, only a warning letter giving a weeks notice of their intention, so parents stop whinging and bitching on facebook and the like and set a good example to your children for once and adhere to the rules.

This is not a new policy, information is widely available and ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law! If you didn’t know, it was up to you to find out – you knew from 20th July that schools go back in September and it is your child by the way! Get an English Dictionary and look-up Parental Responsibility!

Any comments Joan the Hog?

Born Acorn
    Participant

Funny thing is a lot of the infringing clothes are more expensive than acceptable dress but people will still play the money card when challenged.

Max15
    Participant

My son was humiliated on Monday morning sent to the school hall and missing a gcse lesson. What is more important here shoes or a gcse lesson. The way they were treated was ridiculous. Girls are going to school with skirts that short Wat is being done about that. My son has worn the same shoes for 4 years and it has been ok. He was back in school the first week no one mentioned them. No letter was sent home and no text message was sent. I think this is being blown out of all proportion and more time should be concentrated on the education not shoes.

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=119324]My son was humiliated on Monday morning sent to the school hall and missing a gcse lesson. What is more important here shoes or a gcse lesson. The way they were treated was ridiculous. Girls are going to school with skirts that short Wat is being done about that. My son has worn the same shoes for 4 years and it has been ok. He was back in school the first week no one mentioned them. No letter was sent home and no text message was sent. I think this is being blown out of all proportion and more time should be concentrated on the education not shoes.

[/quote]

It’s a shame that you allowed your son to be humiliated by sending him to school in shoes that didn’t meet the current uniform policies.

Max15
    Participant

If the school had gone about it in the correct manner perhaps there would not be a lot of angry parents out there . Why after 4 years all of a sudden the shoes are not uniform standard it’s all publicity. The fact that they r willing for pupils to miss lessons is absolute disgraceful. Especially gcse subjects . And the fact that a week had gone by before he was told. Education standards need looking at if that’s all schools are worrying about.

BenjaminM
    Participant

The Headmaster and Governors should be applauded for the stance they are taking, as should all other schools nationally who are pursuing a similar course of action.

The policy has been proven on many occasions to increase academic performance levels and reduce bullying. It ensures that pupils cannot be singled out as being from a financially disadvantaged background by their peers, as ‘brand name’ apparel is most certainly a lever that is us used to show peer groups that they are somehow ‘better’.
    It also discourages parents from acting ostentatiously through their children.

Well done Headmaster for taking this course of action as part of the schools initiative to raise standards.

Sheefag
    Participant

Max, you got away with breaking the rules for four years, be grateful and shut yer neck.

Pheeny
    Participant

Thankfully my son grew up in Belgium so did not have to follow this draconian policy.

BenjaminM
    Participant

[quote quote=119359]Thankfully my son grew up in Belgium so did not have to follow this draconian policy.

[/quote]
    Nothing at all draconian about setting standards and maintaining them. Schools are there to provide an education for later life and an attempt to instill some sort of discipline into youngsters is, in my book, very welcome. Perhaps if it was applied more rigorously across the board, we would see less of the deadbeats in Wrexham town centre.
    Uniform in the work environment is the norm, rather than the exception nowadays, it offers some measure of belonging to the individual. I can see absolutely no difference when applied children in their formative years.

Ferret
    Participant

My son has worn the same shoes for 4 years and it has been ok.

Either his feet haven’t grown much in 4 years or his shoes must be killing him.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News