Saving money by not cutting the grass.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Saving money by not cutting the grass.

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

As the Guildhall grass is so well used by students from Coleg Cambria the need for grass cutting is reduced as they would flatten it.
    It is one thing to cut the main area but why did they cut the grass at the back of the Baptist Chapel.
    Also note around town that properties that are part of a Housing Association are all having grass cut those in Council properties have long grass– perhaps it is time to have another vote on who the tenants would like as a landlord in future– less repairs, less grass cutting, higher rents – what else will be hitting households..

justjojo2011
    Participant

Interesting that… as a parent of a child who goes to Acton school, I’m not sure where the 5 year olds play where you could see from the road. They have their own yard and don’t use the field to play and in January, their PE lessons took place in doors. The only thing you could have possibly seen is the football afterschool thing which I don’t think was even on in January.

@MP1953 12820 wrote:

I passed Acton School yesterday and there were 5 year olds I would guess trying to kick a ball through 6 inches of grass ! the ball was hardly moving, is this what we have come to in Wrexham :(:(

Wrexham is being decimated :o:o

justjojo2011
    Participant

I live on a Wales & West Estate and our grass is cut many times each year ALL through the year. We pay a couple of quid extra in our rent to pay for community maintenance and it works great, especially when the grass is cut at least once a month. Now my nan, she was 84 when she died and couldn’t get the council to cut her grass for love nor money. Even though she was an elderly tenant, they wouldn’t do it. She had to pay privately (she wouldn’t let me butter bread let alone loose in her garden with a lawn mower lol)

@99DylanJones 12899 wrote:

As the Guildhall grass is so well used by students from Coleg Cambria the need for grass cutting is reduced as they would flatten it.
    It is one thing to cut the main area but why did they cut the grass at the back of the Baptist Chapel.
    Also note around town that properties that are part of a Housing Association are all having grass cut those in Council properties have long grass– perhaps it is time to have another vote on who the tenants would like as a landlord in future– less repairs, less grass cutting, higher rents – what else will be hitting households..

zinger
    Participant

I just loved the headline on Wrexham.com. WCBC won’t be giving permission for individuals to cut grass. Power to the people I say.

MP1953
    Participant

@justjojo2011 12914 wrote:

Interesting that… as a parent of a child who goes to Acton school, I’m not sure where the 5 year olds play where you could see from the road. They have their own yard and don’t use the field to play and in January, their PE lessons took place in doors. The only thing you could have possibly seen is the football afterschool thing which I don’t think was even in January.

You have read the date wrong my post was 1st May not the 5th of January.. .its the American way of displaying the date I think..

But as I said they were young children kicking a ball through grass that was about 6 inches, I still would have thought they were 5 or 6 and it was in school time…. :):)

DaveW
    Participant

Parked by parish church yesterday. It seems the council had cut some grass by the steps but left the long cuttings all over the steps…………. Either do the sodding job right or leave it for better people to do . Bloody Council :(

99DylanJones
    Participant

The environmental solution to the problem is to buy a heard of goats and tether them on the respective grass areas. Short grass and goats milk production.
    Challenge to be issued to all Community Councils to see which would be the first to gamble on this solution!!

BenjaminM
    Participant

Don’t know what all the fuss is about. Been having the best games of hide and seek for years.!

Darlofan
    Participant

I think it’s ok if it saves money. Larger areas where kids can play should be cut though but strips outside houses(householders should cut anyway), roundabouts(unless unsafe), middle and edge of 483 etc should be left. It dies off in Winter anyway and if it saves money then good. Sure we’d all rather have long grass than higher council tax bills. Problem the council has is cutting outside council offices etc looks like they’re looking after themselves.

KidA
    Participant

Problem the council has is cutting outside council offices etc looks like they’re looking after themselves.

Don’t really see how this benefits the council..its mainly students who use the green with most of them leaving a litter trail behind to prove it!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News