Saving money by not cutting the grass.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Saving money by not cutting the grass.

• Author

David
    Participant

I understand that the council must save money and that according to the BBC website, the grounds maintenance budget was cut by £300,000.

What I don’t understand though, is what are the people who were doing the grass cutting etc. doing instead? Surely all the machinery that the council must own is just rusting away whilst the groundsmen are doing whatever they are doing instead of cutting the grass?

johnhoppy
    Participant

Not cutting grass makes the area look untidy, and really indicates a lack of civic pride in our community.

If the staffing is there already, and the machinery is sitting around the only saving can only be on fuel, which will certainly not come to £300,000.

Taffy
    Participant

Is it actually the council that cuts the grass these days? When I noticed the grass being cut at the Ruthin Road depot the other Saturday it was a private firm doing the work.

99DylanJones
    Participant

I’m sure the cutting of football fields could be done by volunteers from various teams provided the equipment was made available. With all the equipment lying around will the Council start up a tool hire business!

Metalhead
    Participant

I was hoping we might get a corresponding cut in our council tax…

Seriously though, there are some areas starting to look really untidy.

MP1953
    Participant

I passed Acton School yesterday and there were 5 year olds I would guess trying to kick a ball through 6 inches of grass ! the ball was hardly moving, is this what we have come to in Wrexham :(:(

Wrexham is being decimated :o:o

99DylanJones
    Participant

Looks like there will be sponsored grass cutting in school soon!!

David
    Participant

The only good thing about the grass not getting cut is that the dandelions look amazing in places!

MP1953
    Participant

I have just passed by the back of the Guildhall where TWO grass cutters are doing an excellent job of keeping the grass nice and short, although it wasn’t particularly long before they started, so on behalf of all the Students of Glyndwr University I would like to thank Wrexham Council for keeping the grass nice and short for us to sit on, UNFORTUNATLEY less than half a mile from the town the grass is a foot high.. :o:o

NJones
    Participant

The Chief Exec doesn’t like the outlook from the office to be bad. Thats why they stopped ball games and regularly hassle the kids hanging out in the ill fated band stand.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News