Sapphire Buses

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Sapphire Buses

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Had a flyer through the door advertising the new buses and route. No expense spared on promoting it.

lazyjack
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 6075 wrote:

Had a flyer through the door advertising the new buses and route. No expense spared on promoting it.

Did you notice the 2 free all day tickets on there ? Worth £4.80 each so enough for 2 returns to Chester.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I did notice them. I wonder how many will be used.

Liam
    Participant

Re: on board announcements, they’re for the benefit of blind passengers. There was an interview with a blind bus user who said he had to guess judging on pot holes in the past!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@Liam 6083 wrote:

Re: on board announcements, they’re for the benefit of blind passengers. There was an interview with a blind bus user who said he had to guess judging on pot holes in the past!

Counting potholes can be tricky especially in winter when they seem spring up at will. At least they listened to what the customer wanted.

Fair play re the on board announcements, I can drown them out with my headphones so longs I’m not right under a speaker.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

If anyone wants my 2 free all day tickets for the Sapphire coaches they are going begging. I am willing to post them. Address can be passed over the private message function.

DavidB
    Participant

My wife used this service for the first time today. Nice ride etc., but the almost constant audio announcements are really tedious, obviously extended due to the dual language requirement. One would have thought the visual display would be sufficient, except for any blind passengers of course.The driver could perhaps switch the audio announcements off until it is observed that a blind person is boarding.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Are the accouncements worse than the trains? They warn you every station to mind the gap between the train and the platform but by the time I go to get off I forget I have heard it and have to leap across the chasm. Not an elegant dismount!

The photo’s in the write up make the seats look really comfy. I want one instead of my old creaky computer chair. Mind you it could be me that creaks and not the chair!

Finally got wifi to work consistently this morning. It does drop off in Rossett/Pulford as the article says though.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News